The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

switching banks is easy say's Martin

13»

Comments

• IanManc
    IanManc Posts: 2,069
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Forumite
    What's the point of earning vouchers for the effort of switching account and then give them away? Last M&S vouchers went to my cleaner, because it wasn't worth driving to another town to spend them and I didn't need anything from M&S.

I already got couple of £100s for recommending people to Nationwide.

Maybe your butler could have driven you to the next town to spend your vouchers if you didn't want to drive yourself? :rotfl:
  • stehouk
    stehouk Posts: 412
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I fully intend to give something back......my old clothes to charity because my next £245 in vouchers from m&s will buy some new corduroys, yippeeeee
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    edited 23 July 2019 at 8:11AM
    Finally! I called HSBC again to find out anything.... the nice lady found my account, could offer no explanation as to why is was lying stagnant in a file somewhere, but did offer an extra £25 apology (should I have haggled for more?) Expedited the switch and the £175 gift for switching and everything is on its way fast track.
    Its a shame to have to keep pestering a bank to do what it promised. I hope the future service is better
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure