PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2019 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• MrsRyan
    MrsRyan Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Can I join please? I'm new to OS and feel sort of bad at my total. I have been spending £500-600 a month on groceries, so would like to aim for £400.

I'd love to get down to some of the levels you guys are going for! Wow - inspired! :D x
    Start Weight: 230lbs Goal Weight: 175lbs Current Weight: 230lbs
  • Merlin's_Beard
    Merlin's_Beard Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    LIzzieM wrote: »
    Hello :hello:everyone (hope I've done this in the right place, as although a long time lurker, haven't really posted for a long while!).

I'd love to join the challenge please if I may? I'm currently off work (already registered disabled prior) following major surgery (which was planned for later in the year but suddenly decided it didn't 'feel like waiting' IYKWIM!

There's only me (plus a tank of tropical fish!) and I'd like to put a budget of £40 please to run from 1st - 31st.. This is only for food, as I have some HB vouchers to use up which I will tomorrow as my sister is taking me to get household bits and pieces. I am planning to defrost my freezer middle of the month, so obviously I need to use all the bits and bobs, in addition to my never-happened-brexit/limits to mobility 'stash'. I need to eat a high protein diet for medical reasons (although this is supplemented via my Doctor).

It's my first time so please forgive me as I'm obviously a newbie at this. I'll thoroughly go through all the recipe ideas in bed as there look to be some fantastic ideas on there. Oh, and my little slow cooker is my friend :)

Thanks very much,
    Lizzie

Oh, and if any of you kind people would let me know how to make my 'total' red, along with updating my signature I'd be very grateful :)

£40[SIZE="5 "][COL OR="Red"]Put the text you're highlighting here instead of at the start![/CO LOR][/SI ZE][/ B]

(If you're using the advanced options highlight the "£40" and then select the format bits you want to do to it)

For the signature, click the floaty headshot/avatar in the top left corner, which will take you to your profile. Third category down is "settings and options" then "edit signature".
    Start mortgage date: August 2022; Start mortgage amount: £240,999; Original mortgage free date: August 2056
    Current mortgage amount: £233.529.75
    Start student loan 2012: £29,750; current student loan: £11.400.50; OP offset fund: £750
  • LIzzieM
    LIzzieM Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 29 June 2019 at 10:32PM
    Thanks so much Martin's Beard! Would either of these be right perhaps? [/CO LOR="Red"][/SI ZE="5"][/ B]£40 or £40[/CO LOR="Red"][/SI ZE="5"][/ B] (I'm not this useless normally with IT but I'm blaming the meds!

Thanking you again in hope!

Lizzie
    Attempting £40 grocery only for the month of October.
    Let's see....
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    LIzzieM wrote: »
    Thanks so much Martin's Beard! Would either of these be right perhaps? £40 (I'm not this useless normally with IT but I'm blaming the meds!

Thanking you again in hope!

Lizzie

I do it differently.

When posting I click on advanced option or preview post which takes me to the screen with all the fonts and colours, bullets and emojis and just select the bit to change - I have done it here and to your quote above - if you click quote to respond, you will see the text string I/others have used and could copy and paste from there too (I have to do this with hashtag which is not on my keyboard).

To get to my signature I click on UserCP and then I can see the menu including edit signature down the left and all the threads I subscribe to, that have posts since I last caught up - on the right. You can subscribe to threads using the thread tools drop down, immediately above the first post on the screen.
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • LIzzieM
    LIzzieM Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 June 2019 at 9:05AM
    Oh thank you very much !, Suffolk Lass :)
    Attempting £40 grocery only for the month of October.
    Let's see....
  • thriftmonster
    thriftmonster Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've spent another £60 but I have had guests and there is loads in. Off on holiday tomorrow but will be taking a lot from the cupboards and Mum and I have meal planned it down to a T.

So that's about £115 of £300 so far - eek
    “the princess jumped from the tower & she learned that she could fly all along. she never needed those wings.”
    Amanda Lovelace, The Princess Saves Herself in this One
  • Another £25 spent this weekend thats brings a total of £30/160
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • Hi please put me down for £90 for July. This is to include toiletries and household bits as I live on my own. Managed £92/£100 for June as a first attempt so trying to push myself a bit more this month :)
    #84 Make £2020 in 2020 challenge
    Grocery Challenge January £0/£80
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Going for £300 this month for four of us.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £103.76 as of 6/4/24
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • purpleybat
    purpleybat Posts: 477 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    hello all

i did better than expected last month so i think i'll stick to £200 for july please.
    i have a family weekend for birthdays that i end up catering for but then i have a week of feeding just me that should even things out.
    i must use freezer food cos goosegogs are ready to be picked so will freeze them until im over this hideous cold and can make strawgoggy jam :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure