Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,877 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Spaetzle means little sparrows, and it is a type of small noodle/ pasta that you poach in stock.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options

Hello :wave:
    Apologies if this ends up full of mistakes but I’m checking in from my phone...
    Had a lovely afternoon at my mam’s and introduced the kids to Flint Street Nativity which still makes me laugh out loud. Bernard and the Genie has aged less well but it was still nice to see it.
    I did no school work at all - made 2 more advent calendar items (3 days behind) and actually prepared food for a change... but I am now fretting that I may not be properly prepared for tomorrow. Still, 10 more school get ups - the end is almost in sight.
    In other news, ex has tried to contact the kids tonight. Neither have answered him, and neither would let me answer him to tell him not to call at the moment. We’ll see what happens next. It’s taking all my effort to try and ignore him and do nothing. I would be devastated in his shoes, but I suppose you reap what you sow, which is very true for him...
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Tis sad but true.
    As you say you reep what you sow.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Evening everyone :hello:
    Today has been a mighty strange day that started awfully but picked up as the day went on. I made the decision not to contact ex but my brain stewed on it for ages and it took me ages to fall asleep. I woke up just after half past four to the sound what I thought was a pneumatic drill. Thought I was dreaming, but when I realised I could hear someone drilling outside and it was real I started to panic, wondering what on Earth was going on in the middle of the night. I figured the noise was at the back of the house (pitch black) so I had a look in the garden, and whilst I could hear drilling a couple of gardens down I couldn't see anything. So I tried with my torch and still didn't see anything but heard my neighbour say 'It's ok, it's just me - they've been in the shed'. I was way too tired/disorientated/scared to reply so I went back to bed. Drilling stopped but I didn't get back to sleep so was shattered when half six ticked round and I had to get up for work.
    As I was tired, and work has been unpleasant, I was quite tearful even when I was getting dressed because I didn't want to go, and it was cold and dark. :o Got to work, and decided I was desperate for a cuppa so I got a free tea from the staffroom only for the lid to fall off it and it fell all down the front of my cream blouse. So I was tired, demotivated and covered in tea before half eight this morning.
    Managed to survive the teaching (only 1 problematic class today) and then went to see ds in his Christmas Carol service. That was lovely - I wish he had more confidence because he was fantastic. Found myself getting a little bit sad thinking that this is my second to last school Christmas service but I really enjoyed myself and felt a bit more festive than I have done so far. Back to school in time to run the after school detentions (only 4 tonight) then left pretty sharpish to get home when ds arrived from school because I'm tired, and emotional. Popped to the post office on my way home to post a couple of gifts, and got home to find that my Secret Santa present had arrived from my MSE secret Santa (thanks if you're reading) so I'm all excited about that.
    Plus my cleaner has been so that always makes me feel better.
    And I had fishfinger and mushy pea sandwiches for tea - who could want anything more than that? Now I just need to try and get a better night of sleep for myself tonight if that is at all possible.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I wonder what the drilling was in your neighbour's shed? A burglary or something? No wonder you were freaked out. Hope you have a better start tomorrow.
  • beanielou
    Options
    How weird.
    Drilling at that time.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    I'd rather my day started bad and got better, rather than the other way about.

What's your plans over Christmas CCL? How do you plan to spend your time off?
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope today is good for you.

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    I'm so sorry to all my friends on Fakebook and WhatsApp that already know this story, or people who have read on other threads, but my brain is still ticking at nineteen to the dozen and I'm absolutely exhausted.
    Went to bed before 10 last night as I was so tired, and I got to sleep pretty quickly. Woke up at half past one to the sound of what I thought was fireworks or something like that. Remembered fairly quickly that one of the cats was outside so went downstairs to let her in. Imagine my surprise and genuine fear to see ex standing on the doorstep. He was very drunk - I could smell it. So I asked him what he was doing at the house and he just shrugged, so I had a bit of a rant at him about his recent behaviour and said I couldn't believe what he was doing to the kids. Then I closed and locked the door. He tried the handle, so I decided to ring the police. Kids were both awake by this point, ds upset, dd angry. Police arrived within 10 minutes, but he had left by then and they couldn't find him. They took a statement from me and left by half past two. I couldn't get back to sleep, dd was fast asleep but ds was upset and wanted to ask lots of questions - it was after 4 by the time he went back to sleep.
    Got up for work as usual (I am on attendance tracking remember) and decided to write my neighbours a note and post it in case he decided to come back. He has tried to intimidate them before and I wanted to be sure he didn't do that again. When I walked between our houses I saw that one of the paving slabs was broken, and that there were loads of broken bits of brick lying about. So I figured that the noise that woke me was him throwing bricks at the house to either scare me or wake me. Got a very tired and upset ds up and took him to school and me to work, and made sure I called the police to update them on the bricks outside the house, called both schools to let them know that the kids were knackered and why (although they are both at Operation Encompass schools) and emailed my solicitor with the photos I'd taken outside the house - then tried to get on with my day. Thankfully my colleagues and friends have been nothing but supportive all day, and the kids have been ok as well in lessons. The lady in the cafe even gave me a free bacon and egg sarnie for lunch because she thought I needed it - bless her.
    Got a text message about half past one this afternoon from my neighbours son in law, saying that he'd just moved ex on from the house again, and he'd been trying to get a key. So I decided to try ringing ex to see if he'd answer and what he would say - I was surprised when he did answer so I asked him why he'd been back to the house. He sounded really upset and remorseful, but don't worry - I'm not falling for it again. Said that he'd come back to see if he'd caused any damage to the house. I said that he'd broken a paving slab but was he not more concerned about the damage he was causing to me and the kids. He said he didn't mean to, and didn't want any of this to be happening. He said his brain was destroying everything and he couldn't cope. I said I didn't care, and couldn't save him, and if he wanted me and the kids to end up hating him then he was going the right way about it. We went round in circles for a while but it turns out that he had driven here last night, whilst drunk, and parked at the bottom of the street to hide the face that he'd driven (hence the police couldn't find him). He's very sorry and knows his behaviour is unacceptable, however getting a solicitor and signing the house over isn't that straightforward. It is, and I said he needed to stop making excuses, but he insists he 'can't do appointments'. I don't think I got any further forward but I stood my ground and showed him zero sympathy at all, as well as repeatedly telling him to stay away from the house.
    So I got home and updated the police with that incident as well - hopefully they will do something about it... Came straight home from work as ds and I are both exhausted and we just wanted to get home and into our jammies. I really, really hope I can switch my brain off and get some sleep later. It won't be long until I'm in bed that's for sure.
    Thankfully, I have a lot of good friends and family who have been nothing but loving and supportive so I feel very lucky - I just don't think that I should have to feel wary being in my own home. Hopefully this sort of thing will not happen again, but I hate how unpredictable his behaviour has become. He's clearly in a right state mentally but just refuses to do anything about it
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So sorry you have had to put up with this CCL :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts