PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Comments

• Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Lurking in advance of this years' bargains
  • I bought a stack (3 for £1, Red Cross) of books as birthday presents for a friend.

I now have to hope he wasn't having a clear-out before Christmas and that I haven't bought him his old books back!

Another 3 for £1 books and a DVD 50p, Hospice shop.

I've wrapped them all separately so he has 7 pressies to open!!!
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,022
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I was in need of some material for a craft project but before heading to the fabric shop in a nearby town, I wandered through the neighbouring charity shops. I was delighted to find two massive pairs of curtains in a fantastic modern child’s print which will be perfect for my project - £5 for the lot, Jonelle (John Lewis) brand, and in very very good clean condition. Metres and metres of good quality material, I’m so pleased.
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,886
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Brrrrrrr! Went for a walk around the local charity shops in the freezing cold this afty. Hardly a soul around...all the shops were empty of customers. In fact, in one shop the elderly assistant was fast asleep seated behind the till!. I mooched around fruitlessly for 10 mins or so and still the woman was fast asleep. I was tempted to poke her just to make sure she was only asleep but then she started snoring so I left her unpoked :)

Got to my last chazza shop - the big Sue Ryder place without having found anything interesting so far....then I spotted a pair of b/n Boden shoes...burgundy, small slim heel, tassels on the front, leather uppers, leather linings and leather soles. Gorgeous quality, the soles even had protective stick on plastic covers in place. Fitted perfectly but priced at £9 which is rather more than I usually pay for chazza shoes, even b/n ones, but I haven't spent much since before Christmas so I decided to splurge.

Had a good squiz at the furniture too having been told that the Emmerdale TV prog people had recently donated a lot of furniture used in the soap. Some very unusual pieces....good job I don't have room for anything :o Apparently, when they change the sets they always share out the furniture no longer required among the local charity shops.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,579
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    Mir! wrote: »
    Brrrrrrr! Went for a walk around the local charity shops in the freezing cold this afty. Hardly a soul around...all the shops were empty of customers. In fact, in one shop the elderly assistant was fast asleep seated behind the till!. I mooched around fruitlessly for 10 mins or so and still the woman was fast asleep. I was tempted to poke her just to make sure she was only asleep but then she started snoring so I left her unpoked :)

Got to my last chazza shop - the big Sue Ryder place without having found anything interesting so far....then I spotted a pair of b/n Boden shoes...burgundy, small slim heel, tassels on the front, leather uppers, leather linings and leather soles. Gorgeous quality, the soles even had protective stick on plastic covers in place. Fitted perfectly but priced at £9 which is rather more than I usually pay for chazza shoes, even b/n ones, but I haven't spent much since before Christmas so I decided to splurge.

Had a good squiz at the furniture too having been told that the Emmerdale TV prog people had recently donated a lot of furniture used in the soap. Some very unusual pieces....good job I don't have room for anything :o Apparently, when they change the sets they always share out the furniture no longer required among the local charity shops.
    Great bargain! :T

I bought a pair of George leggings in a pewter-grey with black 'flock' swirly patterns in new condition. Very nice, I have a plain black top and grey Laredoute cardigan that will look great with them together with my silver Clarks Chelsea boots.
    Air Ambulance £1.00
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Yesterday - a Cath Kidston holdall/shopper bag for £1 :) . It was covered in dust as if it had been in someone's loft for decades, but cleaned up lovely.

Also a George polo shirt for OH for 50p, after a wash it looks like new, no wear on the collar (I always check) and no stained armpits lol. He does a lot of painting (assistant caretaker at a school on a casual basis) so gets paint all over his clothes. For 50p it doesn't matter!
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    i love a bit of cath k thats a great find xx
    onwards and upwards
  • Miró
    Forumite
    On the bus back from Otley at the mo - ain’t free wifi on the buses great! A small find today but one I’m pleased with for 50p. An Egyptian stylee gold coloured collar-type necklace...a real statement piece if I ever dare to wear it. From the St Gemma’s 99p shop.:)
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,579
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    Mir! wrote: »
    On the bus back from Otley at the mo - ain’t free wifi on the buses great! A small find today but one I’m pleased with for 50p. An Egyptian stylee gold coloured collar-type necklace...a real statement piece if I ever dare to wear it. From the St Gemma’s 99p shop.:)
    Oooooh. Sounds interesting.
    Can you post a pic?
  • Miró
    Forumite
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Oooooh. Sounds interesting.
    Can you post a pic?

Cor blimey...it's so long since I have posted a pic on this site I had forgotten how to do it!! Hope it hasn't stretched the thread into the next county..... :eek:

2w2mxs9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport