Baby steps towards mortgage freedom

Options

Comments

• FacelessNumber
    Options
    Sounds like things are going well (apart from the eggs all over the floor!!). I wish our mortgage was anywhere near 145k! I'm still waiting to get under 175!
  • Jonesy88
    Options
    Just popping by to say you're amazing to be OPing on maternity! And Button is an absolutely adorable nickname too!
    :rudolf: DF by Xmas 2018: #83 £8,250/£15,000 55% :rudolf:
    SPC 7: #135 :staradmin | MFW 9.72% | Groceries: £6.49/£80 | Exercise 0/20 | NSDs 0/15
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Hi Jonesy - thanks for stopping by :wave:. We are lucky that Mr Moomin is well paid and we did quite a bit of saving before Button arrived so we could manage.

Munchkin back at school now and I am not sure which of the two of us was more excited :rotfl:. I do enjoy him being at home but when the weather means you can't get out for a walk we all end up with a bit of cabin fever.

Weekend was nice and relaxed followed by a productive morning today. Loading up final items to webuybooks and going to arrange collection for Thursday when Munchkin is at Mums.

Pay day today :j. I am off to log onto online banking now and update spreadsheet and make necessary transfers.

Hope everyone has a great day :)
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Managed to get up and back from Mr T before the rain this morning as had to get food in for the week - I think I have enough and will only have to do a little top up on Saturday for any weekend snacks.

Did all the necessary transfers yesterday and just waiting to see if any more Feb payments come out today before I see what is left from last month - atm it is looking to be around £200 which I will split between overpaying and DIY.

Button is pulling herself up every chance she gets but she then gets a bit frustrated when she can't move anywhere. She is also being very clingy to me which means I am carrying her round alot - she weighs 17lb now :eek:.

My night at the gym later although I think I may have pulled something in my arm from Sunday's session so will have a quick word with my trainer and hope I get let off doing the modified versions ;).

Have a good day all.
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Our DD went back to school today - I adore her, but it's been lovely to only have one child at home during the day today! Tomorrow I am childfree and can actually get on with jobs in peace!

Sounds like Button is a determined little thing and may be an early walker xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Yes atypicalblonde she is very determined - something that I will probably not admire so much come her teenage years!

Feeling a bit mad at myself today - had a letter from mortgage company yesterday saying they had received my last OP but could not reduce the term as it would bring the monthly payments over the maximum agreed monthly payment value. Called them this morning to find out what they meant and it turns out that if they cannot reduce the term by a whole month they just change the monthly payment instead.

Not sure if that makes sense but basically if I want to reduce the term by a month I have to pay £340. If I make a payment of £500 they can only reduce by one month and the remaining £260 is used to reduce my monthly payments. I had thought they could reduce by day seeing as they charge interest daily but no. I even noticed my monthly payments did change but only by a few pence here and there so thought it was just rounding changes as my term reduced.

Silly silly me :mad: - atleast I know going forward that I need to make OPs in multiples of £340 but was a bit of a gunk.

In other much nicer news I picked up a congratulations card today for my SIL who is pregnant with their second child so I will have another little niece or a first nephew to coo over come September :j.

I need to pop into the fabric shop on the way to collect Munchkin from school to pick up what I need for my sewing class Friday and also some fabric for a Christmas quilt I started in December and never finished. This will be Button's first fabric shopping trip - teach em young!

Hope everyone is having a good week :)
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Well me and Button had a bit too much fun in the fabric shop yesterday and ended up spending £25 but it was all just so pretty. My two biggest weaknesses in life are fabric and chocolate (not necessarily in that order :D). I did managed to resist some beautiful Peter Rabbit fabric but once my SIL knows if she is having a girl or boy I may use it as an excuse to go buy some for a little cot quilt.

Button definitely enjoyed herself thou as she got to hold the new box of pins which made a rather pleasing rattling sound when she shook it (don't worry was very secure in a sealed packet). She was given huge amounts of fuss by the ladies running the shop and played up to it with lots of smiles and then snuggling away in shyness. Only problem was between all the fussing, deciding on fabric and chatting to the sales lady who used to work at Munchkin's school I was almost late for school pick-up!

In money news I have had a NSD and have finished loading up last of books so will be getting £54.64 for those. Just need to package them into boxes and arrange a collection day which if I can motivate myself I will do this afternoon.

My last night at the gym this week - hooray. I enjoy the results of exercise but the actually doing of the exercise is a very different story.

Oh and I know it's a day late but hope everyone has a fantastic March :)
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    It's is a fab day in the Moomin house! Mr Moomin has passed the last of his exams :T - he has had to do 19 exams over the last 9 years but today he found out he passed the last lot so no more ever!!!! I am so pleased for him as I could tell he was nervous about today - not that I ever doubted he wouldn't do it, even picked up the congratulations card earlier in the week and stuff for me and Munchkin to make cookies for him after school today. I am a believer of positive thinking :D.

So tonight after my sewing class we are off out for dinner to celebrate - it's days like this that I take a break from any sensible MSE ways.

I hope everyone has a great day and a good weekend :).
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Happy Monday all.

I was up earlier than normal this morning and it is amazing how much more organised and motivated to get things done I have been - may try and do this every day, although I am so not a morning person meaning it would be quite a challenge.

Spent the weekend celebrating Mr Moonin's exam success so will be hitting the gym later although I cracked my knee off the bed on Sunday when getting changed and it is still swollen and a bit sore (I am quite accident prone :rotfl:). We also took a trip to Ikea to pick up a lamp and of course came out with several candles I had no intention of buying :o.

Me and Button went to the doctor's this morning to see about a referral for Munchkin's follow up hearing test and then went to Tesco's for food to do the week. Also picked up an outfit for my eldest niece who will be four this month and I couldn't resist a little romper for Button. All the clothes came off a gift card I had when I returned some things MIL had brought Button for Xmas which were too small.

Then when Button went down for her nap I wrapped up niece's present and my mum's mother's day gift which had arrived on Friday and then wrote the cards. Also wrapped up parcels for webuybooks as collection is on Thursday.

March's monthly payment has gone out so signature has been updated and I sent an OP of £340 to reduce the capital by one month - I have another £93 sitting in the e-savings account I use for OPs but unless I can find another £247 this month (unlikely) it will have to go in April. Once the OP has been applied we will be under £145k which will be good.

Now I am off to grab myself some lunch before Button wakes up. Hope everyone has a great week :).
  • Moominmamma89
    Options
    Up early again and feeling so much better for it - I manged to have the house and myself all tidied before Mr Moonin went to work so wasn't running round trying to do it all when Button had her morning nap. Instead managed to do a few jobs I have been putting off which is good.

Will be a NSD here today - we have been for our usual walk and I didn't need anything from the shop so we just had a mooch around enjoying the fresh air and having a snoop down the nicer streets at houses we could never afford!

Waiting for the doctor to call me about Munchkins referral but otherwise nothing much happening here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure