PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• Ouch! Well Jenny would have a word about that! :heartpuls

Proper food, again! Please note the flames, brimming the pan, not licking the bottom!

f35rib.jpg

2-0 Against Skint. Goodnight!

Methinks not Bop ! Now don't be grumpy. Licking flames spoon is burning :eek: ;)

Friday pleasures

1. short morning at work now off till 20th :j

2. puppy pleased to see me when I got home went for a walk by the pond before the rain started

3. we both had a snooze

4. another walk to the park this time, met a black lab bit older and very lively she was a bit nervous but I'm sure will be playful next time. She fine with quiet older dogs and jumps around to play with them ! She's now snoozing again :)

5. New large crate cleaned yesterday with baking powder and old towels. She's got so big she can't lie out in the medium crate any more so that can go back to friend who loaned it to me. Gave her all the demi-johns from my loft the other day so repaid the favour.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • 1) Being home again!

2) Time spent with the grandpickles, sometimes difficult when they're tired after a day at nursery but fantastic first thing in the morning when they wake up early and come to visit Oma!

3) Watching the rain from the windows on the train and being glad not to be out in it!

4) The smell of the tagine I'm making for supper, spicy and exotic.

5) The boiler passed its service, it lives in the utility room and dries my washing overnight even in the depths of winter, it's one of my 'best' things!
  • Methinks not Bop ! Now don't be grumpy. Licking flames spoon is burning :eek: ;)

Oh yes, it adds flavour!
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 September 2017 at 8:10PM
    1. KW took me out to a Lebanese restaurant for scrummy dinner last night :)

2. We're nearly at the magical £5 voucher stage on our MrM's points earning. I'm going to vote for a cheapy but nice bottle of red wine!

3. I've survived the first week of mahoosive changes at school and really like my new class already :) Very tired though and have a million and one things to get done, but it's Friday, yay!!!

4. I've got a "decision in principle" mortgage offer type thing, yippeeeee!! Got to contact the owner of the flat I'm interested in, as now I know I can afford it, I can get DD round to see it and fill in the multitude of forms for the housing association. Fingers crossed.

5. Used groupon vouchers to pay for tickets to take DD to the cinema tomorrow afternoon. It's a labour of love as I'm not into superhero films, but she's very excited :)

6. Today's been a NSD, thank goodness for working a school in the back of beyond; at times, it's a good way to help me save!!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,198 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It's very early Saturday morning not quite sunrise but birds are awake and singing. I can hear Mr Blackbird .

Another night on the one inch mattress topper got through! I'm perfecting the student squat look!

We got home from hospital mid morning. Glad to get home and although staff were lovely it was the noise from the visitors of the other 3 patients that was just awful....I kept thinking in my day it was 2 to a bed ! At 17 DD2 was classed as a child and was in a room with a 4 ,5 (the most wingy -est child ever) and 7 year old. Anyway, job done , post op appointment sooner rather than later as I won't be here later!

Met the demands of a poorly child....quite an extensive list...marshmallows, some carrot sticks, a balloon please oh and some flowers! And if she could get a wee carton of juice that would be nice too.

The biggest hello from my dog boy.

Being dry enough for long enough to dry washing outside. Then it rained.

Hyacinths, snowdrops, camellias, freesia, all flowering in my front garden. Beautiful magnolias in other gardens.

Found out where the local recycling centre is ( have so much e-waste ) so hope to go first thing tomorrow with that. It's directly opposite hospital we were at.

About to get up and start the day. We have lunch at friends today...the first of the farewell meals.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    1) first in again and another peaceful 30 mins start before the mayhem started
    2) hospital shop has introduced healthy snacks - treated myself to a tube of dried pomegranate.
    3) student says I'm the best supervisor ever :D
    4) lift to pub - just as well cos the skies opened
    5) lovely catch up with life sciences colleagues then fish and chips with mr piano. Freshers Fayre tomorrow. Night all
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Evening.

Got through Friday in on piece.

1. Dropped DS2 at school on my way to work. He is good company. :)

2. Morning was spent at our gardening plot at local gardens. It was once the gardens of a hall which is now a hotel. Had a small group of lads. Harvested green beans and potatoes and cabbage. I think we will make a good team. The rain stayed off and even the sun tried to shine.:)

3. Eds Diner for tea. 50% off food! DS2 had corn on the cob, because he does not have braces any more! :D

4. Watched a craft programme on Catch up. DH snored.

5. Did a bit of my tapestry cushion.

School work free evening. :o
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Had Thursday off work sick with my back and yesterday is my day off. Feeling more or less like normal. Had phone conversation with my manager and she has changed where i work over the next couple of weeks so I only drive once a week but doesn't feel it needs to be done long term. I'm in the process of writing an email so my views on the matter are in writing.

Over the past couple of days.
    1. Had ordered an online shop so we have food.

2. Cooked new recipe last night - chicken with leeks and fennel. It was lovely and easy to do and everyone enjoyed.

3. Watching the chickens while having a cup of coffee in the garden between showers. Had to wear a fleece. Autumn is coming.

4. Applied for ESTA for trip to New York in December. Applied for DH and DS2 as well. Good time to do it as I couldn't do too much else.

5. Looking at bulb catalogues. Trying to resist ordering to many.
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Up at 5.30 this morning to drop OH off at the train station so I figured I'd use the time:

1) Prepped lunches for next week - made a HUGE wok of soy, sesame, peanut butter & coconut stir fry using only what I had in my cupboards & freezer. I now have half a freezer drawer emptied of ys veggies that have been clogging it up for months!

2) Went to my local butcher & cheese shop for ingredients for casserole - I'm starting to buy local where I can, it gives me a much greater sense of satisfaction than popping to the supermarket for everything!

3) About to head out charity shop shopping for new work clothes - my money goes directly to local charities rather than some billionaire entrepreneur's bank account & I save cash - win-win!

4) Hugging my cat - he's been sitting next to the sink watching me cook since the early hours & giving me head boops as I wash dishes!

5) Dragged out the slow cooker to make a casserole to go with my 5kg of ys potatoes I bought on Thursday - at this rate I'll have made lunches & dinners for the week for 2 for less than £20!
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning. Supposed to be working and cleaning the house - I live an exciting life! Am trying the 'pomodoro' technique for writing. it does work - once you start...

Pleasures for yesterday

1. lunch with friends. m&s cafe is doing chunky lentil soup - it was delicious and VERY chunky. More like stew
    2. Did get some writing done, with above technique
    3. Getting DS ready for uni. he goes on Saturday :( I will miss him loads, but when OH said he didn't want him to go (to me, not him) I just said "I do". he needs to go - it will be the best thing for all of us as he needs, and wants, to be independent and I think it will make him appreciate us more. He sorted through all the kitchen stuff that came back from DD's flat, plus our caravan stuff and we went to Ikea to buy the rest. The only thing he contributed to the trolley was a bottle opener :beer::rotfl:
    4. Had tea in Ikea so no cooking. I had gravadlax
    5. Bought some YS strawbs in m&s. Had some when we got back with cream whilst watching cold Feet.

Have a good day all. About to set my first timer.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure