Train website problem

I planned to get a train journey to London king cross from Bradford interchange to go to an event I'm going to.
So yesterday I went to book tickets
outgoing was the 30th of December and coming home is 31st of December so I clicked on the them dates
it was £100 for 2 people return
so I tried paying for it i had money in my account but it said it couldn't process the payment and the payment is showing as pending on my bank account so I rang up grand central rail and they said they couldnt find them details with that payment there must have been a computer glitch
so I thought I would try book a train ticket again today and trains out have gone up to £230 thats just for the train there, should I not still get my original fare that I tried to pay for it was a

Comments

• t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Advance tickets are cheap. Can you not buy those? If not I see cheaper than you're stating. What time are you wanting to travel?
  • I'm trying to buy advance tickets at the price I attempted to pay for that they could not process now the have gone up 170
  • bigisi
    bigisi Posts: 925 Forumite
    markrolls wrote: »
    I'm trying to buy advance tickets at the price I attempted to pay for that they could not process now the have gone up 170

£230 - £100 is £130, not £170.
  • grahamgoo
    grahamgoo Posts: 472 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    The cheapest tickets will require you to travel at specific times, you could use the best fare finder to identify these.

Just taken a quick look and the 10:22 outbound departure and 10:57 return look about the cheapest. If those times are not convenient or you don't wanted to be restricted to specific services then it will be more.

The very cheapest option for the journey would probably be megabus with the tradeoff of rather unsociable times and longer journey duration!!
  • tehone
    tehone Posts: 640 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    It may be worth buying a Two Together railcard and using that
  • tehone
    tehone Posts: 640 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Just did a quick search and its possible to pay £94.90 for 2 people with a railcard at the moment for he dates mentioned
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Are advance tickets on sale yet for the end of December? If not the OP could wait and possibly find much cheaper tickets.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure