Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Comments

• RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    mhoc wrote: »
    Yes everything as normal on my Noodle report
    Experian, Equifax and TransUnion (Callcredit) all report the same accounts for me but I have heard that they don't always show the same data.

Is your 30 year old bank account also appearing on Experian and Equifax as well as Noddle/TransUnion?
  • Ecology BS have increased their RS rate from 1.5% to 1.75%. I think from yesterday 30th Oct.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    glider3560 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when Leeds Building Society make the bank transfers for matured regular savers?

My Issue 9 matured yesterday and maturity instructions were logged (and confirmed by letter). Should I expect the bank transfer to land in my current account today?

My issue 8 matured 1/10 and funds were in my nominated current account late afternoon 2/10
  • badger09
    mhoc wrote: »
    I made another attempt yesterday to start saving with the Scottish Building Society and I really don't think its worth the effort.

I opened an online saver which was straight forward - thinking that once I had that up and running I would be eligible for a regular saver.

This morning though an email from them - they cant verify my bank details - no explanation as to why as its our main bank account that we have had for 30 odd years. Perhaps that's the issue - that its in both sets of initials.
    I wonder if they will accept an email attachment of a bank statement.
    I've no idea what a cancelled cheque is and the only pay in slip I get is a receipt for the odd times I pay in at a branch, maybe half a dozen times a year.

"Further to your request to open a new online saver account. Unfortunately we were unable to verify your bank details, could you please send a cancelled cheque, pay-in slip or an original bank statement for your nominated bank account to allow to us open your account".

This suggests you don't have a cheque book for your nominated account. A cancelled cheque would be one from this chequebook which you would leave blank, but write CANCELLED across it. Said chequebook would also contain several paying in slips pre-printed with your name and account details.

Either would 'verify your bank details'. I have retained 2 accounts with chequebooks, which are very rarely used but serve this purpose.
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 2 November 2018 at 2:27PM
    Anyone received their Chorley cheques/new passbook yet? Need to go out to the shops but will wait for postman if people have received their cheques.

I know sometimes they send cheques out using 2nd class post.

Edit: Just received my wife's cheque and passbook. Still waiting for mine.
  • Was trying to decide today whether to open a new Leeds Regular Saver (Issue 21) at 2.3% or whether to put the £3000 straight into a 1 year fixed rate account - probably Zenith or Oaknorth at 2.02% drip feeding from Nottingham BS at 1.55% (can't believe how quickly that was closed) and the 1 year fixed rate works out at just over £3 better. I just wanted to highlight how useful the calculator was. i chose the no tax option as I believe there were issues before if you chose basic rate tax
  • I don't seem to be have any facility to withdraw funds now my Regular saver 9 has matured with Leeds BS, I obviously did not do something right when I set it up How irritating ?
    Over £2K made from bank switches and P2P incentives since 2016 :beer:
  • badger09
    I don't seem to be have any facility to withdraw funds now my Regular saver 9 has matured with Leeds BS, I obviously did not do something right when I set it up How irritating ?

Did you get a letter before maturity?

I did before my issue 8 matured. On the right hand side of the letter was a box containing a web address extension like leedsbuildingsociety.co.uk/sep123

That led to a screen where I could give maturity instructions. I'm not sure if that only applies prior to maturity though.

Can you not simply withdraw to your linked current account?
  • buyhighselllow
    buyhighselllow Posts: 242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 3 November 2018 at 12:55PM
    badger09 wrote: »
    Did you get a letter before maturity?

I did before my issue 8 matured. On the right hand side of the letter was a box containing a web address extension like leedsbuildingsociety.co.uk/sep123

That led to a screen where I could give maturity instructions. I'm not sure if that only applies prior to maturity though.

Can you not simply withdraw to your linked current account?

Yes I did get a letter but didn't realise I had to action on it TBF, just read it was maturing.
    Its odd, on my wifes account I've sent a secure message requesting a cheque and closure, but have no facility to send a secure message on my account ?

EDIT Phoned em and closed it
    Over £2K made from bank switches and P2P incentives since 2016 :beer:
  • pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Its odd, on my wife's account I've sent a secure message requesting a cheque and closure, but have no facility to send a secure message on my account ?
    For some users, there's a problem with the display of the option to send secure messages to LeedsBS. See here:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74487822
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport