Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ETF65
    • By ETF65 14th Apr 19, 9:49 AM
    • 18Posts
    • 3Thanks
    ETF65
    Do I have to use Ebay courier label to return an item?
    • 14th Apr 19, 9:49 AM
    Do I have to use Ebay courier label to return an item? 14th Apr 19 at 9:49 AM
    Hi - I'm sending an Ebay purchase back for a refund and have been given the option of either Royal Mail or Parcelforce - can I just order a courier myself and not use the Ebay label?
Page 1
    • soolin
    • By soolin 14th Apr 19, 10:26 AM
    • 62,033 Posts
    • 44,483 Thanks
    soolin
    • 14th Apr 19, 10:26 AM
    • 14th Apr 19, 10:26 AM
    Hi - I'm sending an Ebay purchase back for a refund and have been given the option of either Royal Mail or Parcelforce - can I just order a courier myself and not use the Ebay label?
    Originally posted by ETF65
    It depends. What sort of return is it, a change of mind where you pay your own costs, or a SNAD?
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • ETF65
    • By ETF65 14th Apr 19, 12:11 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    ETF65
    • 14th Apr 19, 12:11 PM
    • 14th Apr 19, 12:11 PM
    It depends. What sort of return is it, a change of mind where you pay your own costs, or a SNAD?
    Originally posted by soolin

It's a change of mind so I'm having to pay to send it back. I bought a tv from an Ebay store and just not happy with it. The problem is I've gone through the returns section on Ebay and it says I have to take it to a Post Office which is difficult as its a large item. I thought it might be possible to book a courier myself to pick it up rather than use the Ebay label?
    • soolin
    • By soolin 14th Apr 19, 12:14 PM
    • 62,033 Posts
    • 44,483 Thanks
    soolin
    • 14th Apr 19, 12:14 PM
    • 14th Apr 19, 12:14 PM
    It's a change of mind so I'm having to pay to send it back. I bought a tv from an Ebay store and just not happy with it. The problem is I've gone through the returns section on Ebay and it says I have to take it to a Post Office which is difficult as its a large item. I thought it might be possible to book a courier myself to pick it up rather than use the Ebay label?
    As long as you use a reasonable way to return and have informed your seller that item is coming back then you can arrange your own courier. Make sure though that you are fully insured as TVs are often excluded from any insurance, and you would be liable for any damage until it is safely in the sellers hands.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • ETF65
    • By ETF65 14th Apr 19, 12:19 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    ETF65
    • 14th Apr 19, 12:19 PM
    • 14th Apr 19, 12:19 PM
    As long as you use a reasonable way to return and have informed your seller that item is coming back then you can arrange your own courier. Make sure though that you are fully insured as TVs are often excluded from any insurance, and you would be liable for any damage until it is safely in the sellers hands.
    Originally posted by soolin

Thanks - yes the insurance part of it is a bit worrying - it was delivered by DPD so am hoping to use them if they're not too expensive.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 14th Apr 19, 12:42 PM
    • 62,033 Posts
    • 44,483 Thanks
    soolin
    • 14th Apr 19, 12:42 PM
    • 14th Apr 19, 12:42 PM
    Thanks - yes the insurance part of it is a bit worrying - it was delivered by DPD so am hoping to use them if they're not too expensive.
    Still check the insurance carefully, just because the seller used them doesn't mean they were insured- many sellers save a bit of money by self insuring and may have a special arrangement for safe collection and delivery.
    New to Forum? Guide
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 15th Apr 19, 1:48 AM
    • 29,007 Posts
    • 11,886 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 15th Apr 19, 1:48 AM
    • 15th Apr 19, 1:48 AM
    I think DPD are one of the better couriers but are nowhere near being cheap.

Is the TV double boxed?

DPD.. TV's excluded over 37"
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • ETF65
    • By ETF65 15th Apr 19, 10:06 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    ETF65
    • 15th Apr 19, 10:06 AM
    • 15th Apr 19, 10:06 AM
    I think DPD are one of the better couriers but are nowhere near being cheap.

Is the TV double boxed?

DPD.. TV's excluded over 37"
    Originally posted by forgotmyname

No it's not double boxed unfortunately - might put some extra cardboard in the box to try and protect it. The tv is 32" so would be ok to send with DPD but you are probably right about them not being cheap.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 15th Apr 19, 11:00 AM
    • 62,033 Posts
    • 44,483 Thanks
    soolin
    • 15th Apr 19, 11:00 AM
    • 15th Apr 19, 11:00 AM
    No it's not double boxed unfortunately - might put some extra cardboard in the box to try and protect it. The tv is 32" so would be ok to send with DPD but you are probably right about them not being cheap.
    Just make sure they don't specify double boxing as only adding extra side sheets of cardboard if double boxing was required would nullify any claim for damage. remember this will be thrown around and probably stored overnight as well potentially under a lot of other heavy sharped cornered items.
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

8Posts Today

3,683Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Quick twitter poll: Will Theresa May still be the PM of the UK a week today?

• Thank you for all the sensitive teeth rememedies. I'm going to try (not the alchohol ones though - on air early tomorrow)

• Grrrr. I've sensitive tooth pain after going to the dentist last week for a filling. I've been putting sensodyne? https://t.co/A1Q8sdSukK

• Follow Martin