MSE News: How to beat BT's broadband, home phone and TV price hikes

Comments

• harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,636 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Stroke; no dedicated line use the normal CS number. Good luck if you get the Scottish mob as they ain't helpful.
  • Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Good luck on your switch to TalkTalk.

Here is the thread from last year about my switch, which might give you an indication of what to expect in your switch:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4959296&highlight=

And from reading the comments of other TT users, it seems their customer services haven't improved since I last used them.

I've sacked Talk Talk because Vodafone Homephone and Broadband is coming as soon as my account is migrated to the new billing system.
  • I've sacked Talk Talk because Vodafone Homephone and Broadband is coming as soon as my account is migrated to the new billing system.

I think you have done the right thing by ditching TalkTalk. I can't comment on Vodaphone's Homephone and Broadband, but I had a Vodaphone Dongle and wasn't impressed by either their customer service or the breaking of their promise to keep the plan I had selected going on a permanent basis, which resulted in me throwing away the Dongle and never using them again.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I think you have done the right thing by ditching TalkTalk. I can't comment on Vodaphone's Homephone and Broadband, but I had a Vodaphone Dongle and wasn't impressed by either their customer service or the breaking of their promise to keep the plan I had selected going on a permanent basis, which resulted in me throwing away the Dongle and never using them again.

It's new - part of their Quad Play offering. I work for them so will get up to 76Mb for £3.50 a month, plus £16.99 line rental.

Talk Talk retentions tried to match it but couldn't get close :rotfl:
  • It's new - part of their Quad Play offering. I work for them so will get up to 76Mb for £3.50 a month, plus £16.99 line rental.

Talk Talk retentions tried to match it but couldn't get close :rotfl:

Fair enough. Good luck. :)
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • This is great, signed up in June, got £120 Cashback and £50 Giftcard (both recieved in my bank) Now i can switch and get cashback again!!!

So happy to recieve my letter today!!!!
  • Happy_Shrimper2
    Happy_Shrimper2 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 August 2015 at 12:13AM
    This is great, signed up in June, got £120 Cashback and £50 Giftcard (both recieved in my bank) Now i can switch and get cashback again!!!

So happy to recieve my letter today!!!!

Similarly, I signed up to quad play in May. So are we able to cancel landline, broadband, TV and mobile? They are all linked in some way as price is discounted for mobile for having other services I believe.
    Do we get to keep the youview box etc?
    Nipping off to SSE seems tempting with big cashback, half price and 76mb ultra ;-)
    Update:
    Previous post talking about equipment charges. Will call BT with view to switching (accept will have to forfeit line rental saver, but will save on TV costs etc and cashback elsewhere more that compensates).
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    <<Do we get to keep the youview box etc? >>

If the original contract term has ended yes .Otherwise BT will either charge you or want it back .
  • About 10 million BT broadband, phone and TV customers will be hit with price rises of up to 7% from 20 September...
    Read the full story:

BT price hike: Last chance to beat it

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
  • Makeandsave
    Makeandsave Posts: 3,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    And no doubt TalkTalk will follow them as they always do!
    Jan Wins: .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport