Honour in NI's Politicians?

Comments

• BigAl94
    BigAl94 Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The province would be a better place without religious bigots and terrorist sympathisers.
  • guiriman
    guiriman Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I agree, but it's a pretty broad brush to apply to everyone who votes for them
  • qwert_yuiop
    qwert_yuiop Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    It's largely the fault of a flawed political system where the electorate believes a vote for people like these is justified.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
  • Zola.
    Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Its a vote for X to keep out Y

BORING
  • Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    Zola. wrote: »
    Its a vote for X to keep out Y

BORING

Y always seems to get in too. I have only once voted for someone who got elected.
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I always give the no-hopers a vote. Yes, I know there is no chance they will get in but feel, to hell with it:D
    The last election I did hear a woman in the early 30s state she had to vote for the DUP as they were the only ones who could stand up to Sein Fein! I didn't know whether I should laugh or not?
  • BigAl94
    BigAl94 Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    donnac2558 wrote: »
    The last election I did hear a woman in the early 30s state she had to vote for the DUP as they were the only ones who could stand up to Sein Fein! I didn't know whether I should laugh or not?
    That appears to be a widely held view and the sole reason many apparently otherwise sane people vote for the DUP. More proof that our electoral system is deeply flawed..
  • guiriman
    guiriman Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Can agree with that on Westminster election. If you look at Assembly election last year vs Westminster nearly 70,000 less first preference votes for DUP and 14,000 less for Sinn Fein. For Westminster when there's only two who can win it I'll vote for the one I'm more aligned with, doesn't mean I agree with all their policies though
  • Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    guiriman wrote: »
    Can agree with that on Westminster election. If you look at Assembly election last year vs Westminster nearly 70,000 less first preference votes for DUP and 14,000 less for Sinn Fein. For Westminster when there's only two who can win it I'll vote for the one I'm more aligned with, doesn't mean I agree with all their policies though

DUP don't stand in Fermanagh South Tyrone in Westminster, also their supporters vote tactically in places such as South Down and Foyle to curb Sinn Fein.
  • qwert_yuiop
    qwert_yuiop Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    So what are the chances of tactical voting to depose the Freebie Presbyterian?
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport