Which survey sites have you stopped using?

All survey sites have their frustrations, but which ones made you think enough is enough and stopped using? and are there any you're considering stopping?

These are the ones I stopped using:

American Consumer Opinion - Took me years to reach payout, invites weren't very frequent, but when they came I'd go through lots of surveys I didn't qualify for. Once I did reach payout it took another 6 months to get the money.

iPoll - Surveys were long and boring and poorly paid, then you'd have to wait to get them approved and a number of them got rejected.

We Pay Per Survey - When I joined the payment threshold was £4, but then went up to £8. The amount of effort to reach it though wasn't worth it.

Opinion Outpost - Like Opinion World but not as well paid.

Opinion World - Surveys were generally awful but you'd have plenty available so didn't take too long to get to £10. Then they started making them prize draw only surveys, so no point.

Survey Network - Would get a ridiculous number of e-mails every day but in the time I was with them I only qualified for 2 surveys and the payment threshold was high, so I just cut my losses.

Ones I'm considering stopping are:

Branded Surveys - Always been unreliable at crediting for surveys. Only do the short surveys, but some can pay less than 10p. If they take the daily poll away I'm definitely stopping.

Lifepoints - Not done a survey on there for a while, not sure if I can bring myself back there as I always lose the will to live doing their surveys including when they were Global Test Market, but I did make more money from them than any other site so may return.

Comments

• Maximiles is one I've given up on.

Pureprofile isn't that great anymore either.
  • Inboxpounds most surveys are long and small paying
    Lifepoints cancelled my account for no reason when I got the account reopened I cashed out and haven't used since
    Oneopinion I just dont have time for this one any more but paid a good amount even though surveys were sporadic
  • mrsyardbroom
    mrsyardbroom Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I stopped doing Pureprofile as well. I've been with the site for years and never reached the payout. I did Branded Surveys but they mostly didn't pay for the surveys and I'm not working for nothing. I do Opinion Outpost and have had a few payouts but I get screened out of a lot of surveys. I won't leave them just yet.
    Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The only ones I now do are Populis and Ipsos. I seem to be a bad fit for most other sites and was getting screened out. I wouldn't mind getting screened out so much if it happened in the first minute but for many, it was happening when I was getting towards the end of the survey!
  • Topiary
    Topiary Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    onepoll

since the site makeover in the summer runs crippling slow most days and provides very few surveys (was ok up until the site revision)
  • MissPop
    MissPop Posts: 948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I gave up with GiftHulk (now Surveytime, I believe) because I had three separate gift cards never turn up and never had an acknowledgement, let alone a reply, to my support tickets.

I also gave up with Pinecone as I mysteriously got locked out of my account and despite my emails to support it was never resolved. Surveys had become very sporadic anyway.

Make £2020 in 2020 - £263.78/£2020

2020 totals
    Swagbucks - £100 | Prolific Academic - £44.54 | Qmee - £10 | PopulusLive - £50

• mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    MissPop wrote: »
    I gave up with GiftHulk (now Surveytime, I believe) because I had three separate gift cards never turn up and never had an acknowledgement, let alone a reply, to my support tickets.

I also gave up with Pinecone as I mysteriously got locked out of my account and despite my emails to support it was never resolved. Surveys had become very sporadic anyway.

I got fed up of Pinecone. I heard it was the dogs pyjamas, but it turned out to be the dogs bowel movements.

I wouldnt ever "give up" on a site, that is silly. But I certainly use some more then others. Lifepoints as pointed out tend to have dull surveys but I still try to do them when nothing else is on because you never know when you might need them.

Opinion Outpost have a relatively small cash out, but I hate the screening surveys constantly before every survey. What is the point in having a profile?
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • SarahLu
    SarahLu Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    mikep22 wrote: »

Opinion Outpost have a relatively small cash out, but I hate the screening surveys constantly before every survey. What is the point in having a profile?

Valued Opinions have started doing this too, they never used to. Adds way too much time to the start of surveys, can see me getting fed up with that soon.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Branded Surveys. They absolutely suck. They have always been unreliable but now I have over 1000 points and cannot cash out for some stupid reason. I have contacted them twice but they just ignore me. No more US-based survey sites for me; they're the pits.
  • bigisi
    bigisi Posts: 925 Forumite
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Branded Surveys. They absolutely suck. They have always been unreliable but now I have over 1000 points and cannot cash out for some stupid reason. I have contacted them twice but they just ignore me. No more US-based survey sites for me; they're the pits.

Strange you say that as they've become my new biggest earner since Valued Opinions decided they didn't like me any more.

Found them easy to deal with and I'm cashing out on average once every 8 or 9 days with no issues. Plenty of screenouts but the ones I qualify for and complete more than make up for that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure