Broke toe/s in hotel room...

Comments

• I shut my finger in the door. Guess they should put a warning sign up.

I was too embarrassed to report the accident with the toilet seat. Never been the same since. Couldn't face dropping me drawers in front of a no win lawyer. :p
    ::A
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I know what the OP means - when you're used to being able to walk up to a bed with room to put your feet under, it's unexpected that there's going to be a board there instead.

Mashed my toes painfully earlier this year at a Marriott. Someone had thought it was a good idea to have a raised slab of granite (yes, granite) at the threshold to the bathroom..
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    I know what the OP means - when you're used to being able to walk up to a bed with room to put your feet under, it's unexpected that there's going to be a board there instead.

Mashed my toes painfully earlier this year at a Marriott. Someone had thought it was a good idea to have a raised slab of granite (yes, granite) at the threshold to the bathroom..

I also get it when the base of the bed is "closed"in

BUT its still not the fault of the hotel. the Op admits to keep doing it, why would you do it more than once? she even knew it happened on a previous visit so why stay there again?

WHY dont people take responsibilty for their own actions this compo culture really winds me up
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    OP is clumsy, with no spacial awareness, and it's the hotels fault!!??
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • How many other people have done this? Strange we have not hard of a rash of people stubbing their toes on Travelodge beds. I have stayed in Travelodges myself and never done so.

Seriously OP, this is not America. We normally have some form of responsibility for our actions, stop looking for the pound signs every time you have a minor accident.

You have already said you did not report it to the hotel. So what would you say if someone claimed to have broken toes stubbing them on the bed but didn't bother reporting it to the hotel? You could have done it at any other point in time before going to the hospital.

Simple solution? Next time stop moving when you get near the bed!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • To have any chance of a claim, you'd have had to report it to the hotel at the time, and gone to A&E at the time (not days later)and been able to get a report of the injuries found.

Broken bones usually hurt an awful lot but it obviously wasn't bad enough to go to A&E immediately, so you can't even be sure you did fracture toes, they could have just been bruised.

I do agree that with any injury, people seem to have a 'must sue' mentality. Sometimes accidents happen, no one is at fault. Its an accident.
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Second post I have commented on today over people claiming money.
    Goodness me take responsibility, you stubbed you’re toe.
    I don’t think Travelodge have a file on toe breaking incidences but ring up and ask.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • If you all read my post fully, I said I am not blaming the hotel.

I cannot agree more that society these days is shocking in the way that everyone wants to squeeze money out of everything including the benefit system and even our NHS.

I only asked as a couple of friends had suggested there may be a claim even though I completely disagreed. And maybe I am contradicting my last statement by even asking if there is such a claim, but none of you know my story so in what position are you to judge?

But I guess if you had all taken just one moment to read my whole post, you would have understood that I am in no way blaming the hotel for my own clumsy actions, instead of sitting behind your phone or computer screens making quite frankly rude and nasty comments. Thanks for your help guys.
  • Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If you all read my post fully, I said I am not blaming the hotel.

I cannot agree more that society these days is shocking in the way that everyone wants to squeeze money out of everything including the benefit system and even our NHS.

I only asked as a couple of friends had suggested there may be a claim even though I completely disagreed. And maybe I am contradicting my last statement by even asking if there is such a claim, but none of you know my story so in what position are you to judge?

But I guess if you had all taken just one moment to read my whole post, you would have understood that I am in no way blaming the hotel for my own clumsy actions, instead of sitting behind your phone or computer screens making quite frankly rude and nasty comments. Thanks for your help guys.

No matter what your "story" is or how bad your personal circumstances are it is unethical to make a fraudulent claim against the hotel just to get some money, it really is as simple as that.
    I very highly doubt there's any claim as they weren't at fault! But as I say, just thought I'd gather some opinions.

Thanks!

So you wanted to gather some people's opinions on making an unfounded claim for money but now your complaining that people are posting negative things :rotfl:

What kind of opinions did you think people would have on this subject?
  • Takmon wrote: »
    No matter what your "story" is or how bad your personal circumstances are it is unethical to make a fraudulent claim against the hotel just to get some money, it really is as simple as that.

So you wanted to gather some people's opinions on making an unfounded claim for money but now your complaining that people are posting negative things :rotfl:

What kind of opinions did you think people would have on this subject?

You're absolutely right. I wanted to gather opinions. The kind of opinions I expected people to have were the same as mine. I expected people to agree with me that it was indeed not the hotel's fault and that there was no claim to be had.

I did not, however, expect people to not fully read my post and start mouthing off about how I'm apparently blaming the hotel, which is not the case.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure