Feedback on Utility Point

Options

Comments

• Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh well, I've taken the plunge. It's now a couple of hours after I hit the 'Submit' button, and still no confirmation email from them. I hope that's not a bad sign!
    Stompa
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Stompa wrote: »
    Oh well, I've taken the plunge. It's now a couple of hours after I hit the 'Submit' button, and still no confirmation email from them. I hope that's not a bad sign!
    Don't worry about it, you will get an email in a few days time.

I shall say one thing I am not liking about Utility Point - their phone lines don't seem to have a queuing system. You listen to some music for around 60 seconds, only to be told to try later and you are then disconnected. I'd rather spend a little time in the queue to have my query dealt with, instead of redialling to get through to somebody.

Credit where credit is due, though - they are pretty good in replying to your queries. I recently received a reply to my email on a Sunday morning. :eek:
  • Stompa
    Options
    Don't worry about it, you will get an email in a few days time.

Not to worry, it's now arrived.
    I shall say one thing I am not liking about Utility Point - their phone lines don't seem to have a queuing system. You listen to some music for around 60 seconds, only to be told to try later and you are then disconnected. I'd rather spend a little time in the queue to have my query dealt with, instead of redialling to get through to somebody.

Yes, I did a test call prior to switching, and got through to a person in about a minute. I subsequently did a couple more and got that message both times. I agree, I'd much rather be able to get through even if that means a longer wait.
    Stompa
  • PennineAcute
    PennineAcute Posts: 1,161 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    From my six months experience of UP, I have always found it best to fire off an email. Always a quick response.

Due to me messing up on my bank balance, my May DD was not honoured. I fired off an email asking when they would represent it. They replied with it would be easier if we took it by card payment. Can I email them a time and date that I would be available to take their call.

This I did and bang on the time, they called me and little problem over.
  • spud
    spud Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I moved to UP from Affect due to low standing charge which as a low user saved around 15%.
    Initial problem with website where it wouldn’t accept my DD was sorted out fairly quickly over the phone.
    Transfer has just completed without issue and automated emails kept me updated. So far so good.
  • poppellerant
    poppellerant Posts: 1,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm growing tired of not being able to speak to anybody on the phone and being asked to try again later or leave a message because they are too busy.

I emailed them earlier this week. At the time of emailing, I was unaware that their website was down. So I don't know if they received my email when the website was down. And I can't speak to anybody to ask because they don't seem to have sufficient staff to answer the phone.
  • PennineAcute
    PennineAcute Posts: 1,161 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    If over 48 hrs, I would guess they do not have it.

Try India on the online chat.
  • Stompa
    Options
    Well my switch has now completed, and it all went very smoothly. My only complaint is that, since initiating the switch to a fixed tariff around 3 weeks ago, they've dropped their prices by around 2%.
    Stompa
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Note though they now only fix for 12 months - presumably you are fixed for 15!
  • Stompa
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Note though they now only fix for 12 months - presumably you are fixed for 15!
    True enough.
    Stompa
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport