Buffy's 30 Month Plan

Comments

• Step 1 in that plan should maybe be to close the Amazon account. Just sayin
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • Good luck and happy new shiny diary xx
  • Ah the plan!

1. Pay the CC 200 each month

2. Pay the House account 200 pounds each month. (all for thirty months, once debt is paid the 200 will go to another saving account)

3. Up my spending money so I don't accidentally spend loads on Amazon(not a hope of me closing it, i effectively do all my shopping online in some form) on my CC and this way I just have ONE account to use and keep track off.

4. Save everything else I can. Make extra money on tutoring, exam marking (which CCL - I am ABSOLUTELY suck at so tips welcome as you seem to almost enjoy it)

I have listed 4 things on E bay and on FB, moved my money around (got paid yesterday). The book Atomic habits has been very helpful in getting me to think.

Work is a shocker, but I cannot lie, my pay is a big factor in wanting to stay. Shallow huh! In my lessons it is not so bad and I really like loads of the kids. The odd drama spills over into my work but it is the continuous cover/bunking/fights and vandalism that is increasing on a weekly basis.

Anyhow, Don't have to make a decision yet.

I have lessons to plan and I think the dogs rolled in fox poo. Oh GOD I hope not!

Night all.

(Quite possibly going to ignore the last two things....)
    (bad person)
    (very bad person)

XXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Not necessarily shallow at all Buffy, we all need security and for some of us that comes in the form of our job. If your job is what enables you to be safe and happy then you have no need to feel bad about it - particularly as your job isn't exactly corporate evil to begin with!

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • Happy new diary!
    Let's do this.
  • Hello folks

So Everything has been paid out and I have paid my regular CC.

I have put my debit card on Amazon so I can track spends more easily.

I am wriggling my baby tooth. It is annoying me.

On the negative.

- Evil AVG charged me 40 quid for a subscription that I didn't need or want. Gits. But it is my fault, I couldn't log on the other day when I tried and failed to cancel it, but as I had "done" it I forgot to try again..........DUH.

- I haven't been in a great place. chiefly worried about Brexit but other stuff too. Hard to find a reason to carry on really. I don't mean suicide just to be clear. I just don't know what I am aiming for.

On the Positive

I have 2 mates on FB who are helping with the motivation for the house which remains my biggest problem.

I am going to ask sister if I can shop Friday this week so I have the whole weekend to make progress.

I signed up for Exam marking

There is a job I might apply for.

Both CC's I applied for came through, so one of the balance transfers will come through this week.

I am enjoying watching Supernatural again :)

XXXX
  • Buffy, don’t ask your sister. Just tell her that Friday works better for you
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,868
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'm sure you already thought of this but couldn't your sister do online ordering?

Re remembering things, I've given up on my brain and started putting reminders in my phone for stuff. Like, 'empty the washing machine' :o
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • Buffy, don’t ask your sister. Just tell her that Friday works better for you

Yes, you make a good point. I will do that.
    I'm sure you already thought of this but couldn't your sister do online ordering?

Re remembering things, I've given up on my brain and started putting reminders in my phone for stuff. Like, 'empty the washing machine' :o

It is M and S, and it isn't much. Just a few bits these days. It is one of those things tho when you have a tip day planned (such a glamorous life) and you want to get messy in the garden sodding about for list and having to go to the posh shop in town is a pain in the bum!

today wasn't so bad. Not great. Didn't feel well but you will all be shocked to know that I am going to the doctors on Thursday.

Balance transfer hasn't happened yet. But I have moved part of the money for the help to buy ISA.

XXXX
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Buffy is going to the Dr :eek: xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure