Twinklie returns to the property ladder

Comments

• FIREdoc
    FIREdoc Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Congratulations on our new home! Sounds like it was worth the wait. And huge well done to you on arranging the shorter term, you're already 6 whole years ahead of the game!
    Starting mortgage Summer 2018 - £213,500
    2018 [STRIKE] Dec £205,330 [/STRIKE]
    2019 [STRIKE]Jan £204 200 MAY £199,650 August £196 000[/STRIKE] December £193 500

[STRIKE]Goal for 2019 - £195,000.[/STRIKE] Goal for 2023 - £125000
    MFW2019 #89 £4303/£10,000
  • twinklie
    twinklie Posts: 5,052 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    FIREdoc wrote: »
    Congratulations on our new home! Sounds like it was worth the wait. And huge well done to you on arranging the shorter term, you're already 6 whole years ahead of the game!

I didn’t really look at it that way before...but yeah, 6 years early works for me! :D

We’ve had some PPI payments in which should hopefully buy the furniture we need - very much a bonus! We’ve also got something outstanding so fingers crossed that’s a happy surprise.

We’ve had an interesting 6/7 years so any positives are so appreciated. It’s not been hugely awful, but could have been a lot better too.

Anyway, did a little overtime too which will hopefully help pay down some of the bills - I think realistically that’s where we need to focus right now.

There are some surprising bonuses to the new house which involve the increasing independence skills of DS 1 and 2 in ways we didn’t expect. It means a lot in a special needs household.

We are still in box hell, but my goodness I love this house so much. I just feel relaxed and complete at home. A very happy family! :)
    Reduction in daily mortgage interest since October 23 - £0.31 (started new mortgage)
    % of house owned/% of mortgage paid off. December 23 - 32.30%/24.54%
    MFiT-T6 #5
    MFW 2024 #6
    MF Date: Oct 37 May 37
  • Congrats on your new home :) x
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Lovely to hear how relaxed and happy you feel in your new family home :heartpuls:

Happy New Home to you all :beer:

When we first moved into our place we found there were so many little bills and odds/sods to pay for that our funds were depleted for a good few months- all totally worth it now though!
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Congratulations on your new home. I've only been in mine 10 months and feel the same as you. Still can't believe how happy the perfect (for me) home can make me feel.
    Without overpayments: 15 years, 1 monthsBecause of overpayments: 10 years, 10 months left until paid off
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Happy new house :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Best wishes in your new home
  • twinklie
    Ok so first mortgage payment paid! Check!

We have to hand the keys to the rental back tomorrow so it’s all systems go finishing off the cleaning. We’ve been decluttering and selling as we go. Made £88 last month in selling things.

Target for this month is to beat last months selling profit. So far we are up to £10 for December. Hopefully £17 by the end of today because a lady is coming to look at something else later. And we have someone coming on Monday to look at something potentially netting us another £40. So it might be doable.

The funds are going in the bank at the minute to cover any extras we need to buy for the house. What we don’t spend will go into the emergency fund pot because we need to build that up.

I will workout our daily interest later and see if that can motivate me to list more things to sell. It’s the right time of year to get rid of lots I would imagine.

We’ve gone all out and bought a fancy hall stand with seat and storage. We’ve also bought a heater for the conservatory so we can still use it (it has a timer so only goes on twice per day). Still need to get DS1 a bed though.
    Reduction in daily mortgage interest since October 23 - £0.31 (started new mortgage)
    MFiT-T6 #5
    MFW 2024 #6
  • twinklie
    Made £70 selling things so far this month. So I’m pretty happy with that, especially since I haven’t listed anything in a week or so. Someone is coming to collect more stuff today and we are dropping stuff off with someone else on Thursday so fingers crossed there is more to come.

DH has his exams today and tomorrow, so everything is on hold while they are out of the way. Then we go back to sorting the new house and listing stuff to sell.

Still work first. �� Training day today though so shouldn’t be too bad. I feel rotten so pretty happy I don’t have to deal with any service users, I don’t think I have it in me today.
    MFiT-T6 #5
    MFW 2024 #6
  • Well done on selling things but sorry you are feeling rough. Look after yourself!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback