Our attempt at being MF!!

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Mine is still under quick links, I still have the green layout.
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Alchemilla wrote: »
    Food and petrol £950.

Your petrol spends are high aren't they Al. Guess I shouldn't complain about my spends. Think it's good to see what we are spending though so I will continue to keep track.

newgirly wrote: »
    Mine is still under quick links, I still have the green layout.

Found it Newgirly, mine is under profile>>>settings.

Sig now updated and we reduced our WIOTW figure by £1041 this month! Delighted with that :j need to set some goals for July now. Just a huge nursery bill to pay first :mad:
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Your food spend seems quite high. £222 or less for 2 adults and petrol here, although petrol is a distinct budget item.
  • CathT
    Am certainly going to try and get it down from £298 to around £250 this month. The children eat a lot and I am constantly refilling the fruit bowl. Luckily our haul from strawberry picking is still lasting. Might try and have some more 'meat free' days too.

Feeling tired and headachey this week which may be down to the heat. I am drinking plenty of water and work isn't as stressful as it has been. I just seem to always want it to be the weekend!
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Petrol spends high as DH does 90 miles a day.
  • CathT
    Alchemilla wrote: »
    Petrol spends high as DH does 90 miles a day.

You live in such a lovely part of the world Al, with countryside on your doorstep a commute is definitely the downside.
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Its all choice and compromise!
  • CathT
    edited 7 July 2015 at 9:22PM
    Online shop has arrived so can start my running total for July. Have also worked out nursery and breakfast club costs for September as they want the hours in pronto. Costs for the month will be £428.15 which is a lot better than our current costs and covers both children. Since August costs will be zero, this also gives us a bit of credit going into October. I can see me also wishing away next year so that DS is in fulltime school and my costs reduce again!

Pushed myself to go for a 3 mile run after work. I quite enjoyed it actually, especially as the weather is now cooler. Had to go as there have been too many treat type foods appearing in work this week.

Really missing DH weekly wage and being able to make Tilly tidies or pay extra wages off the cc. Doing a lump sum for monthly pay won't have the same effect. The fact that we have reduced our cc from 7 to 3 is probably the main thing though as obviously there aren't as many bills to pay. No firm plans put in place for July as yet as our nursery bill has thrown me a bit. Hopefully clawing back some of the food/petrol budget may make a difference so there is some motivation to resist extra wine and reduce supermarket visits. Have a £6 off £40 voucher which I will use Tuesday before it expires.

£50 left in the bank to last 17 days. I won't need it all so will send some to the cc. Our day to day spending is well controlled, it's the big stuff like childcare which really gets in the way!

July spends.

Food - £103.22
    Petrol - £40.51
  • CathT
    edited 5 July 2015 at 1:25PM
    Good day in work :)

DH took the children to a fayre after work which I unfortunately missed but they had a fantastic time. However, DH has spent £15 of the £20 I budgeted until payday! This could be an interesting time if I try to manage without shuffling any money!

Have just watched the tennis, what a fabulous game!

Going to settle for the evening with vino watching a film. Have a great weekend everyone :j
  • CathT
    Was falling asleep before the end of the film! Really looking forward to the stage where the children don't wake up so early!

Took the children to tennis lessons, it was the first time for DS and he enjoyed it but got a bit bored before the hour was up. They did spend far too long on one activity though which I think is what lost his attention. DD has decided she wants private lessons now as well! I will investigate the cost!

The house is feeling neglected so am going to brave the playroom with a bin bag and charity bag. Of all the work we are planning to do to the house, remodelling that room is what I am most looking forward to. I have even picked my colour scheme! :rotfl:

Am sure I can declutter some of DS clothes as well but as they are hidden in drawers it feels less urgent than the awful playroom!

If I don't reappear later I may need rescuing!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback