MOT Letter Wong Address

Zola.
Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
I have my driver licence card updated long ago with the current address, but the MOT reminder letters keep going to my parents house.

I contacted dva@infrastructure-ni.gov.uk and they have been absolutely useless, they are saying its not their responsibility, despite this site saying:

"Driver & Vehicle Agency is responsible for licensing and testing vehicles and drivers in Northern Ireland. This page has contact details for driver licensing enquiries."

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/contacts/contacts-az/driver-vehicle-agency-driver-licensing

If they are not the guys - who do I contact? Swansea? I thought everything went through our local guys...

How can my actual licence card and paper have the right details, but the local guys have the wrong address?

Comments

• Soot2006
    Soot2006 Posts: 2,167 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Unless it's different in NI, then surely the MOT letters are coming from your garage, not from any central agency? I get reminder letters, but they're from MY mechanic, hoping to retain my business.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I thought they were from China!

MOT Letter "Wong" Address
  • guiriman
    guiriman Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Soot2006 wrote: »
    Unless it's different in NI, then surely the MOT letters are coming from your garage, not from any central agency? I get reminder letters, but they're from MY mechanic, hoping to retain my business.

It's different in NI
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    guiriman wrote: »
    It's different in NI

Indeed, but is it so different that the driving license address would be used for something that would go to the registered keepers address?

We have to update twice, surely NI do too?
  • CEON44
    CEON44 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I'm not sure what the MOT has to do with your driving licence but I do agree about the incompetance in the driving licence department. I've had reason over the past few months to contact them regarding my father in laws licence. Every time they go through the security questions they ask for his postcode. But they have wrong postcode and despite repeatedly telling them this no one seems to be able to amend their records to fix it. So now I just deliberately have to tell them the wrong postcode so it matches what they have recorded. Ridiculous
    I started out with nothing......And still have most of it left:p
  • RikM
    RikM Posts: 811 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Soot2006 wrote: »

Yes it's different. MOTs are due a year later than on the mainland and are only carried out at government test centres. The whole garage-MOT con is expressly ruled out.
  • RikM
    RikM Posts: 811 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    In reply to the original question: it surely goes through Swansea now. Although MOTs are still local, registration is centralised, which may mean that Swansea has the details of your registration wrong (check your V5c)...
  • Old_Git
    Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
    your driving licence being updated has nothing to do with the MOT .
    You need to update your vehicle details on the log book
    "Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family