PPI Reclaiming discussion Part III

articlealert.gif
This thread is for discussing the PPI Reclaiming article.

This is Part III of the discussion, as the last one was so long.
Read Part one and Part two

To discuss or ask a question about this article: click post reply

To read about non FOS claims read this thread

Report and read success stories in this thread
*** Get the Martin's Money Tips Free E-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips ***

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Thank you Wendy.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Bellio
    Bellio Posts: 133 Forumite
    HELP ME !!! Ok here goes , a little long winded but these things seems to be. Took out a loan with 1st Plus in 2006. I got the PPI as it was a large amount adn you never know whats round the corner. However we moved house a year later and were able to pay off the loan. However I owed more than I took out and never got any money back for the PPI. They said it was because I paid for it up fronr, which I did cos it states that on the agreement. Surley this is not right. I wrote a letter to them sayin using one of the templates on here and they wrote back rather snottily , using quotes from the original call and saying that we agreed to this PPI. Yes we did but not to them taking the whloe lot anyway if we paid the load back early. Dont know what to do now, can anyone help ??
  • Bellio
    Excuse the spelling and grammer , trying to type to fast me thinks.....
  • maxdp
    maxdp Posts: 3,873 Forumite
    Bellio wrote: »
    HELP ME !!! Ok here goes , a little long winded but these things seems to be. Took out a loan with 1st Plus in 2006. I got the PPI as it was a large amount adn you never know whats round the corner. However we moved house a year later and were able to pay off the loan. However I owed more than I took out and never got any money back for the PPI. They said it was because I paid for it up fronr, which I did cos it states that on the agreement. Surley this is not right. I wrote a letter to them sayin using one of the templates on here and they wrote back rather snottily , using quotes from the original call and saying that we agreed to this PPI. Yes we did but not to them taking the whloe lot anyway if we paid the load back early. Dont know what to do now, can anyone help ??

Hi as you cannot go for mis-sold PPI because you understood what you were taking out you could perhaps write to the insurance provider about unfair settlement terms.

Am sure Marshallka will explain more
    :mad:
  • maxdp
    maxdp Posts: 3,873 Forumite
    Hi all. Part 3 now then:rotfl::T
    :mad:
  • di3004
    Bellio wrote: »

Hi there a Welcome.;)

They are fobbing you off hun with one of their standard fob off templates.

Do not worry, if that was the first letter you sent and the first response, write back to them and request them to reconsider your complaint as you feel you were not treated fairly on this matter.

Tell them if they do not overturn their decision you will not hesitate to take your complaint to the financial ombudsman service in order for them to investigate this further with the evidence you have.

Now on a separate letter request a copy of a written breakdown for your loan and ppi, this can be used as evidence also for the FOS.

As you know post by recorded delivery.
    They should no provide you with the final response, and if still unsuccessful, it can then go to the FOS.

Others here have experience with First Plus, also named as barclays first plus now.

There are further steps we can take yet.

Plese let us know the outcome of this in order to take this to the next step, thanks hun and good luck!;)

Di.

Editing to come back in lol, thanks Maxdp, my puter is rather slow and I did not realise you had already posted.

I forgot to ask Bellio, who sold you this loan, if you feel you were mis sold it would be the broker who arranged this, and there is a bit of an issue at the moment with who to deal with regarding an unfair rebate, but like what Maxdp says, Marshallka will confirm this.
  • Bellio
    Thank you Di for that, I willl get on to it straight away. I know its not right but they just seem to think they know everything and you just go along with it.
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    maxdp wrote: »
    Hi as you cannot go for mis-sold PPI because you understood what you were taking out you could perhaps write to the insurance provider about unfair settlement terms.

Am sure Marshallka will explain more
    I'm still waiting for the Ombudsman to explain more...
  • di3004
    maxdp wrote: »
    Hi all. Part 3 now then:rotfl::T

Hi there hunni, yes it seems we run out of pages on part ll lol.....:D :rotfl: .
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi there a Welcome.;)

They are fobbing you off hun with one of their standard fob off templates.

Do not worry, if that was the first letter you sent and the first response, write back to them and request them to reconsider your complaint as you feel you were not treated fairly on this matter.

Tell them if they do not overturn their decision you will not hesitate to take your complaint to the financial ombudsman service in order for them to investigate this further with the evidence you have.

Now on a separate letter request a copy of a written breakdown for your loan and ppi, this can be used as evidence also for the FOS.

As you know post by recorded delivery.
    They should no provide you with the final response, and if still unsuccessful, it can then go to the FOS.

Others here have experience with First Plus, also named as barclays first plus now.

There are further steps we can take yet.

Plese let us know the outcome of this in order to take this to the next step, thanks hun and good luck!;)

Di.

Editing to come back in lol, thanks Maxdp, my puter is rather slow and I did not realise you had already posted.

I forgot to ask Bellio, who sold you this loan, if you feel you were mis sold it would be the broker who arranged this, and there is a bit of an issue at the moment with who to deal with regarding an unfair rebate, but like what Maxdp says, Marshallka will confirm this.
    Di, if this is for unfair rebate then its the rebate that is in the terms of the PPI policy and that I was told goes to the insurers and not the lender..

Unless the PPI was an advised sale in that Firstplus told me the other day that the term of using this method to take allyour PPI would have been advised by the broker at the time of purchase...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure