Clear Telecom

My MIL has been paying £70+ to a company called Clear Telecom.
She was told that they would be cheaper than BT.
I am not totally sure how long she has been paying this sort of money to them. She is due to move out of her current address into a retirement home in 2 weeks. She said she has been trying to ring this company but can't get through.
I have set up a new contract in new home with Post Office. I just want rid of this Clear Telecom and I am horrified that she has been paying this money to them for months if not longer.
What can I do.
Thank you

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    What does the contract say ??
    You / she is in contract until ?? and even if moving will still be charged .
  • JJ_Egan wrote: »
    What does the contract say ??
    You / she is in contract until ?? and even if moving will still be charged .

I don't know what contract says, I don't think she really knows either. She is 86 I think she just thought it seemed like a good idea
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I just want rid of this Clear Telecom and I am horrified that she has been paying this money to them for months if not longer.
    What can I do.

You need to start by looking at the contract and seeing when it is due to end
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    A search on this forum for Clear Telecom and a web search the same .
    Technically you can do nothing you are not the account holder . You need more information .
  • paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,421 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    My MIL signed up to Clear Telecoms because they claimed to save her money compared to BT. She moved house and we tried to end the contract but the company is very difficult to deal with. They dont answer the phone etc. We did get through to them just before she moved to end the contract. The phone line had ceased a few days before she moved so they did end the service as we asked. She moved on 3rd March. The line was cut on 25th Feb.
    The problem is with the bills. We had stopped the direct debits and eventually got through on the phone and asked for a final bill. She paid a cheque to them and it was cashed on 10th April. Her account number, name and address were written on the cheque. She has been getting further statements and no adjustment to show the cheque she paid. I have emailed them and it bounced. The webpage is non existent anymore.
    I have drafted a letter to post. I cant think of what else to do as we can't get through to them.

thanks
  • I have had exactly the same problem
    Ofcom even tried to contact them but to no avail.
    They advised me to contact CICAS which have done. Very helpful.
  • paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,421 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I have had exactly the same problem
    Ofcom even tried to contact them but to no avail.
    They advised me to contact CICAS which have done. Very helpful.

Thank you for replying. It's really difficult as I am trying to help my mother in law. I wrote and emailed them and have had no reply. You have to do this before anyone will help. I haven't heard back but there hasn't been another bill either. I will look at CICAS. I even looked at using the resolver app but they are not registered on that either.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure