Plusnet mobile customers' credit files wrongly marked after billing error - MSE News

Hundreds of Plusnet mobile customers were wrongly marked as being in arrears on their credit files as the result of a "system error" while the firm was switching direct debit provider, MoneySavingExpert.com can reveal...
Read the full story:
'Plusnet mobile customers' credit files wrongly marked after billing error'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• I had already closed my account with Plusnet when this error happened, but I still got the notification to say my payment had been missed, but no credit impact at the time.

Months later in Aug, they reopen my file and add a marker to say I've missed my payment! Thank goodness for credit monitoring!!

I have raised a complaint and they said it was an IT error not recognising a zero balance. They claim to have contacted Experien, Equafax & Transunion (I assume they mean Experian & Equifax! - at least I hope they do...) I have also raised a dispute with my credit monitor, but still waiting for it to be taken off my credit file, and yes it brought my credit score down by 150 points!

Please be aware that you could still be affected, even if you weren't at the time!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure