What small DFW things will you do w/c 2nd July?

When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important! :money:
DF as at 30/12/16
Womblng 2020:
NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning determined and all who follow. Thanks for starting us off, I'd just come back to the board after copying the text so there was nearly a double thread :o broken nights sleep here so I'll be surviving on coffee later I'm sure. Things to do /have done

Check banking
    Load of washing from yesterday out
    Packed lunches and snacks for 3 from what was in the fridge/stores including hm lemon drizzle cake
    Quick shower, hair dry naturally
    Appointment wth bank to fix mortgage rate again
    Leftovers for tea, made double batch yesterday
    Message childminder about holiday cover
    Early night to catch up on some zzzzz

Hope you're all ok.
  • Morning :D whoop it's a glorious day and I'm off :j I've a busy week this week as it's madam's birthday Weds, a little tea party with school friends tomorrow. So I'm trying to be as efficient as I can to squeeze in as much me time as possible!

Today:

* have tidied up & swept d/s - still need to clean bathroom & wash floors
    * going to the allotment for an hour straight after school run
    * friends coming over for lunch/afternoon. Have been so busy recently (aka sewing every spare moment!) so organised a catch up with 2 at once. They are coming for a bring and share lunch & a hot tub :D
    * make butter bean dish, couscous and prepare salad
    * prune bushes in front garden
    * clean lounge windows o/s
    * stop at local coop to get bits for redcurrant relish mmmmmmm check what we've got first!
    * cut out material and make pencil skirt :D once I've cut out material it's a fairly quick sew :T

Ok that's me! Happy days :A
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 2 July 2018 at 1:47PM
    Morning folks!

Thanks to DNMS for starting us off

Bit of a shock this morning to find that my basil plants have been destroyed overnight by a slug/snail. Thanks to some advice from Dawn and Foxgloves I will re-sow later.

Villa paid for. OH and I were discussing how amazing it was to be in the position where we can just say "oh yep we need to pay this £400 now" and it not be a problem. We've come so far from panicking every time a bill came and struggling to pay the minimum off the cards. OH's card should be gone in the next 3 months. Followed by my student loan in the next year or so. Then we will be totally totally debt free. If anyone is reading this who is struggling - there is light at the end of the tunnel :)

Anyway, today's mission

• B/L/D from stores
    • Grate the giant courgettes. Poss cook another courgette loaf cake?
    • Charge phone in work
    • Gym at lunchtime - dying
    • Water garden
    • Re-sow basil
    • Check gift bag stash for suitable baby present bag
    • Ask OH to post card
    Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • so jel you're picking courgettes already CLF!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
  • so jel you're picking courgettes already CLF!

Thanks! They are coming thick and fast! I don't know what variety though. My boss grew them and brought them in as young plants. They are in a nice deep raised bed though so I guess they are happy :)
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Hello :j
    Really hot again, and no prospect of rain in the near future :(
    Still, at least we don't have the awful fires that they have near Manchester :eek: It is so dry though, with long, dead grass on the roadsides where it doesn't get cut any more (probably for ecological as much as moneysaving reasons to be fair), it is easy to imagine what might happen should some unthinking motorist throw a cigarette end out of a car window :eek:

At first glance not much done today :( partly due to the heat and partly due to DD being here all afternoon, but I did get some things done this morning:

Spent some time on my budgets - the end of June marked half way through the year, and with all the expense this year, we are sadly a lot more than half way through the budget :(

Blanched and froze half a carrier bag of broad beans and a smaller quantity of mangetout :)

Took some items to my sales unit to stock up. It was payday too :j although jumping for joy is a bit of an over reaction given I was out of action for the first half of last month and unable to restock as often as I would have liked. Still, some money is better than none! Did associated business paperwork.

Picked up my prescription, some compost and a YS loaf as I had to get the car out. It is a real struggle because one end of our terrace's access road is still blocked with machinery and has a big hole in it. OH found out from the workmen that the hole digging wasn't ideal as they didn't have the correct machine, and they were unable to dig the other holes needed for the job due to the Council not giving permission to dig up newly surfaced road except in case of emergency. So 2 weeks of disruption for nothing, and goodness knows how much it cost :eek: No wonder our water bills are so high - honestly, you would have thought they would sort the necessary permissions and machinery before they started the job, wouldn't you? :mad:

And that is about it - I am hoping to do a bit more later, but it is the hottest part of the day atm and really humid :( Will certainly need to do some watering!
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good Evening All

DNMS - Thanks for starting us off today

Hi to all of the regulars and a BIG welcome to all the newbies, this is a really FAB thread with so many lovely, caring, considerate and supportive people.

Well another gorgeous day

Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    Freezer shop at Farmfoods as our local shop is closing down and everything was 50% off today - Done, only bought what we will use people were piling trollies high, it was a bit crazy
    Walk - clocked up another few miles
    Small shop at Mr M with list - Done
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer - Done
    Checked: Tombola Stars, Lucky Bob, Luckyphone, FPL, WinaDinner - Done
    Read - started library book - Chris Packham's memoir

Night all, watching more riveting football!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,584 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thank you DNMS for starting this week thread :A

Today I have:
    :heart2:Home educated the children for free
    :heart2:Found some books relevant to ds studies on medieval England amongst our HE resources, reminded him he was allowed and encouraged to look for himself, he was very pleased as he will be able to do some history reading when we are in the car travelling to or from training, HE groups & classes
    :heart2:Checked bank accounts
    :heart2:Billed 1 person for wholesale food order
    :heart2:Person paid
    :heart2:Dry 2 loads of washing on the line
    :heart2:Turn off lights and appliances when not in use
    :heart2:RM survey
    :heart2:Correctly delivered survey
    :heart2:Set dw to run overnight
    :heart2:Set wm to run overnight
    :heart2:B/L/D from stores
    :heart2:Kept up to date with 3 email accounts
    :heart2:Dealt with at least 10% from 1 of my other 3 email accounts
    :heart2:Received £30 vouchers from cashback credit card

Update from last week:
    My plans for this week are:
    Chase up focus group reward Done, awaiting a reply
    Chase survey reward Done, awaiting a reply

Focus group have been in touch to say there is a delay and rewards should be with us shortly.

I received the outstanding rewards for surveys today :)
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • little_pink_purse
    little_pink_purse Posts: 962 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 July 2018 at 11:08PM
    Hi everyone

Sorry I have not been on I had a touch of the black dog and the grey fog I did not feel I had much to say
    But happy to say feel like the fog is lifting and that spring in my step is coming back lol

See you in the morning love to you all and hugs if you need them xxxlppxxx
    debt total £71k AGE 47 TRY TO BE DEBT FREE BY 50
  • Good morning

Cold and dull here

Today!!!8217;s todo

Check banking
    Meals from stores
    Small tidy up
    Washing out
    Clean my car (well hover )

Hope you have a great day xxxlppxxx
    debt total £71k AGE 47 TRY TO BE DEBT FREE BY 50