PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Comments

• Hi
    I am currently on a DMP. My claim for Santander has been upheld and I have been refunded £7087.70. Reading all the forums I am knew that this would go towards paying off of my outstanding arrears which is absolutely fine, however after reading some of the forum comments I was under the impression that the 8% interest would not be put against the arrears. Santander have informed me that everything has been put into paying back my arrears including the interest is this right? If not is there anyway I can get this 8% back. I hope this makes sense and many thanks for your help. I claimed my PPI on my own by filling out the questionnaire from here.
  • Been checking old policies, etc and found a Comet tv purchase with 5 year extended warranty, which we were sold (but didnt want it) Is this one I can claim back, or is it too old. Have already emailed Comet and they say cannot claim after 13 years. Any ideas guys ?
  • cappo
    cappo Posts: 2,121 Forumite
    pspiller wrote: »
    Evening all - I have had a response from capital one "following a complete investigation into your complaint we are confident that the policy was sold appropriately. During your Internet application you clearly indicated that you wanted to purchase the policy and from the information provided you were able to do so" beckon telephone conversation took place? But I had pretty much no idea what I was getting do I still stand a chance of getting this back?

Hi p this is the general response cap 1 give everyone me included, i'd fos this when you get your final response as you'll get nowhere with them one on one.
  • Hi

I was made Bankrupt in May 2009.I had sevral Personal loans and credit cards with PPI.Would I still be able to claim this money back or would they just take any money they owed me due to default.

Cheers
  • cappo
    Gunner60 wrote: »
    Hi
    I am currently on a DMP. My claim for Santander has been upheld and I have been refunded £7087.70. Reading all the forums I am knew that this would go towards paying off of my outstanding arrears which is absolutely fine, however after reading some of the forum comments I was under the impression that the 8% interest would not be put against the arrears. Santander have informed me that everything has been put into paying back my arrears including the interest is this right? If not is there anyway I can get this 8% back. I hope this makes sense and many thanks for your help. I claimed my PPI on my own by filling out the questionnaire from here.

Hi gunner i am also under the impression that the 8% is yours and i would talk to santander about this if they will not budge on this i'd have a chat too the fos and see what advice you get there.
  • cappo
    Condor13 wrote: »
    Hi

I was made Bankrupt in May 2009.I had sevral Personal loans and credit cards with PPI.Would I still be able to claim this money back or would they just take any money they owed me due to default.

Cheers

Hi condor have you been discharged from bankruptcy yet.
  • cappo
    Thanks......If the total ppi I paid was £1396.50 on a £7,000.00 loan over 48 month wih apr of 8.8 any idea how muc i'd get back?

Gem

PS....do I try and go through Northern Rock or who the PPI was through a company called Pinnacle??

Generally you'd go through northern rock as to the calculations our man dilus is the calculation king.
  • cappo wrote: »
    Generally you'd go through northern rock as to the calculations our man dilus is the calculation king.

Thanks for all your help really appreciate it. It is a total minefield when you first start. I have found a company who are dealing with Norther Rock complaints so hopefully will get somewhere with them...

Dilus any chance of helping me out please ..... Would be a huge help many thanks

Gem
  • cappo
    Thanks for all your help really appreciate it. It is a total minefield when you first start. I have found a company who are dealing with Norther Rock complaints so hopefully will get somewhere with them...

Dilus any chance of helping me out please ..... Would be a huge help many thanks

Gem

Hi Gem you don't need a claims company, it's really easy to do yourself especially with the excellent help from the guys on here.
  • Discharged in May 2010.only have 5 payments left and then I'm free.Just been reading the Bankruptcy forum and don't think I'm entitled to any refunds
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback