Lloyds TSB PPI?

Options
andy1972
andy1972 Posts: 4 Newbie
edited 7 June 2019 at 2:29PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Hi All
Hope you are all well!
I had a Lloyds TSB bank account many years ago and with it I had a loan back in the 90`s and 2000`s, I also had credit card with them for over 20 years since the 90`s till about 5 years ago.
I have no idea if I had PPi with the loan or cards and have no paperwork except for one old credit card statement.
Throughout that time I was permanently employed with a good job and full sick and redundancy so I would never have had accepted PPI and would have turned it down if I had ever been asked?
I have successfully claimed back other PPi`s from other lenders on the same basis in the past.
Some reading seems to reveal that Lloyds TSB are the worst for claims, getting information etc and unless you have full paperwork and proof etc they just fob you off.
Is it worth going through a claims company and seeing if I had any?
Has anyone had any success with Lloyds in my position and if any, which claims company is reputable and worth going through?
I currently no longer have anything with LLoyds or TSB anymore and haven`t for nearly 5 years now. the last thing was the credit card.
Thanks in advance for any replies!
Thanks again.
Andy

Comments

• MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    No point Paul a company what you can do yourself for free.

Get on the bank website, download the PPI forms, complete them to the best of your knowledge and send them off.

Remember the PPI deadline is fast approaching.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • The_squirrell
    The_squirrell Posts: 253 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    DO NOT use a claims management company. They put a stamp on your form and that is it!
    Submit and enquiry to Lloyds. If the files are held within their retention periods then they will confirm if you had PPI or not. You can then submit a complaint if you feel that you have a valid reason for doing so. The PPI would have shown on your Credit Card Statement if it was there.
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
  • andy1972
    andy1972 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 7 June 2019 at 2:41PM
    Options
    I thought of that and did them myself before, read many reviews of peoples claims with them and they seem to say, no paperwork etc then go away? no claim!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    andy1972 wrote: »
    I thought of that and did them myself before, read many reviews of peoples claims with them and they seem to say, no paperwork etc then go away? no claim!

Then you may as well let them say that to you, rather than to the claims company, who will forget to tell you until you've chased a few times.

You either have a valid complaint to you don't. Either way, employing someone to post it for you won't change the outcome.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    andy1972 wrote: »

Claims firms use the same free of charge complaints process as you would do, the only difference is you complain via them and they take a cut of the money. You still need to provide all the details for them, they can't magic them up as the records are not in the public domain.

Just write to the bank or fill in a form on their website and ask if you had PPI and if you did, explain why you feel it was miss-sold
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Possibly 'worse' for claims because they're actually supposed to be complaints. With evidence of some kind.
    You can complain yes, stright to them, go to their website...
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • piper81
    piper81 Posts: 8 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    edited 14 June 2019 at 10:00PM
    Options
    It was lloyds TSB that told me I had PPI on a loan from 2003. So they might still have a record on yours. It's worth calling or filling out their form on their site (search for PPI) and finding out. I submitted mine a few weeks ago and I didn't submit any paperwork (I have it somewhere, but can't find it) and I've received a letter today saying I am getting £1245 - as they add on interest!

I have the paperwork for my credit cards, which I had been paying PPI on for 9 years. They also wrote back saying there were other cards with PPI on them, so it seems they search their records and include those.

It's definitely worth a try - all you'll lose is about 20 minutes filling in the form!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure