IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Lidl/Athena

Options
lollyp
lollyp Posts: 29 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 11 June 2019 at 10:07PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi
I received a Civil Parking charge notice from these charmers today for £90 (£45 if paid now). I stayed 22 minutes passed my allowed time.

I followed advice on other threads and have just emailed Dispute.Resolution@lidl.co.uk

The reason I took longer than usual as my disabled mum was with my and had a hypo as we had finished shopping. I had to take her next door to a cafe to get her a drink & snack as she was really getting scared and there was nowhere to sit in the store. It took a while to calm her down and it took longer than usual to go back to the car as the 2 blue badge spaces were taken when we first went in.

Does anyone have any other advice? I'm in Scotland btw. I'm very reluctant to contact Athena directly yet. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    no keeper liability in scotland so remove any hint of who was driving

the DRIVER drove on the day
    the KEEPER received the postal notice

only use those 2 words, not "my , me , myself & I"
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Ignore Athena and just go for the Lidl complaint. Nothing to add to that!

Let us know when they cancel it for you.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I followed advice on other threads and have just emailed Dispute.Resolution@lidl.co.uk
    Unlikely to be successful on that email address. You need the organ grinder, not the monkey.

Do a forum search on keywords Christian Haertnagel and follow the advice there. It's never failed.

HOW TO USE THE FORUM SEARCH FUNCTION:

Hit your 'Back' button to get back to the forum thread list. On the bar just above the threads you'll see the 'Search' function. Click on the 'Advanced Search' button and on the following page place your keyword(s) in the 'Search By Keyword(s)' and make sure the 'Show Results As' button (at the foot of the window) is changed from 'Threads' to 'Posts'.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Write about this on the Lidl website if they are unhelpful.

Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams so complain to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Modern
    Modern Posts: 42 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Complaining to Christian Haertnagel the ceo works. Look through the posts at other Lidl carpark problems and you will see the successes.

christian.haertnagel@lidl.co.uk
  • lollyp
    Options
    Result! Got a very prompt reply saying that the ticket had been cancelled!:j
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    I wonder how many complaints Lidl are going to receive before they dump these scammers. ASDA are another company who quickly cancel these tickets.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    I wonder how many complaints Lidl are going to receive before they dump these scammers. ASDA are another company who quickly cancel these tickets.

I think they work on the principal ..

"If you don't ask, you don't get"
  • lollyp
    Options
    I did mean to add a thank you to everyone who gave advice x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing