The Great 'Instant Cash Injection for January' Hunt

Comments

• luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    List unwanted paperbacks on Greenmetropolis.com: you make £3 per book sold. As you have to meet the p+p it makes sense to list thin ones or the extra large size which attracts an extra allowance. You can buy at £3.75 (no extra p+p). This has been a nice steady earner / money saver in 2007.
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • Thanks luxor4t - I've promised myself that I'll go through my shelves this month, so can raise some cash as well!

If you enjoy / don't mind doing online surveys, try

http://uk.lightspeedpanel.com

You can earn points for each survey you complete (there's a prize draw as well); these vary but average about £1 per survey. You can trade your points in for various things, but I usually exchange points for cash into my PayPal account (115 points per £1).
  • Hi

I'm interested in the lightspeed thing but couldn't see anywhere to register on the web site.

Can anyone let me know.

Also, any sites to register for the mystery shopper thing?

Cheers

PN
  • tinkerbel
    tinkerbel Posts: 1,795 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    hey, you just put your details in on the homepage that the above poster said and then you register. they need your email address as thats the way they send you surveys etc.
    If you're a pigsback member though, or if you're interested in becoming one, i think you can get 100 or 200 (worth £1 or £2 im just not sure off the top of my head which amount is right) points for joining through them, so that might be worth looking at!
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Take half a day to go through last years' financial records, check DD's, update utility companies with meter reads, re-assess your budget & generally make sure monthly expenses don't exceed monthly income;). If necessary draw up & STICK TO a short/long action plan to deal with debt & overspend.

HTH:D
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • josie
    josie Posts: 3,106 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Hi

I'm interested in the lightspeed thing but couldn't see anywhere to register on the web site.

Can anyone let me know.

Also, any sites to register for the mystery shopper thing?

Cheers

PN

I couldn't find anywhere to register on it either - went through pigsback, but looks like you can't use the link to that as it's personalised - but it does bring up a page on which to register instead of just the log in page.

Here's the one for pigsback (it's 200 points)

There's a whole 3 threads on mystery shopping, but if you read the first page on this one, it'll tell you about which companies to join.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=614705

HTH
  • theboylard
    theboylard Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    jessicamb wrote: »
    cancel all the subscription services you have that dont use - sky sports/movies etc. any direct debits/payroll deductions you have had going on for years that are no good/you never use - health plans and the like.

Just be careful on this one!!!
    Before Christmas, I was bemoaning the fact that we pay £195/year to Benenden Health (old Civil Service scheme) and have never used the services.
    I go to the doctors last week, who tells me that I have a problem that can only be rectified by surgery.
    We make an appointment on line with a consultant, wait months and that was that - or so I thought.
    My wife rang Benenden and they said they can help on the costs and as it's not a major op should be covered at a private Nuffield hospital!!
    4kWp, SSE, SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    Now with added Sunsynk 5kw hybrid ecco inverter & 15kWh Fogstar batteries. Oh Octopus Energy too.
  • liam_h
    liam_h Posts: 201 Forumite
    Thanks for the info about the selling books. Think my GF will be very interested in that!
  • Not really a making money thing this - but it gives an instant cash injection
    Take your salary - divide by 11 and save that amount each month from Feb - it will be hard (especially just before christmas!) but its like having an extra pay day come mid january just in time for the sales!
    I've never really saved at all but this year I'm aiming to do this even if i save nothing else at all!
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    theboylard wrote: »
    Just be careful on this one!!!
    Before Christmas, I was bemoaning the fact that we pay £195/year to Benenden Health (old Civil Service scheme) and have never used the services.
    I go to the doctors last week, who tells me that I have a problem that can only be rectified by surgery.
    We make an appointment on line with a consultant, wait months and that was that - or so I thought.
    My wife rang Benenden and they said they can help on the costs and as it's not a major op should be covered at a private Nuffield hospital!!

Benenden is a wonderful scheme open to teachers as well as civil servants, and is surprisingly cheap. We pay approx £30 a month and it is worth every single penny.

I have had two very necessary operations with Benenden, the dates came through surprisingly quickly, Under the NHS the first would have meant a wait of almost a year, the second would have taken even longer,
    both were painful and debilitating conditions.

OH had a cataract completely sorted out inside 12 weeks - it takes longer than that here just for the first appointment!
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport