Great Cheap Airport Parking Hunt merged threads

Comments

• Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,970
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    This site seems badly setup. I tried inputting to park and ride, but it seems to return a result for their more expensive meet and greet service. I'd give it a miss.
  • spender
    spender Posts: 1,157
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It is solely a meet and greet service.
    No Matter what you do there will be critics.
  • STANSTED PARKING - BISHOPS STORTFORD RESIDENTIAL

There's a lovely residential part of Bishops Stortford along Rye Street that I always park in and take the bus into the airport.

Personally, I park in Lindsey Road opposite the Swimming Pool - which is a quiet affulent area and I feel pretty safe parking my car here and have never had a problem. If you know what you are doing I now find it much quicker than faffing around the Pink Elephant - especially coming back where there are large queues for Pink Elephant buses - and you are not paying £60+ for a weeks car parking.
    Anyone considering the above as a valid parking option should be aware that the residence of Lindsey Road and surrounding area are becoming increasingly incensed by the disruption it is causing them.

Airport parkers risk stroppy letters left on windscreens, verbal abuse from the residence, flat tyres and possibly worse!

So not such a safe area then and not the perfect end to a holiday either is it.
  • Steve_xx
    Forumite
    If the residents of the area are causing criminal damage to cars left there then they should be brought to justice for doing it.

A motorist can legally park his or her car on any unrestricted public road if he pays vehicle excise duty.

I can appreciate the frustration that residents must feel when people park their cars there for days on end. However, it is no more irritating than it is for me when the neighbours park their cars outside of my house, meaning that I have to park elsewhere. Whilst I don't much like it, I realise they they are absolutely entitled to park there should they so wish.
  • Steve_xx wrote:
    If the residents of the area are causing criminal damage to cars left there then they should be brought to justice for doing it.

A motorist can legally park his or her car on any unrestricted public road if he pays vehicle excise duty.

I can appreciate the frustration that residents must feel when people park their cars there for days on end. However, it is no more irritating than it is for me when the neighbors park their cars outside of my house, meaning that I have to park elsewhere. Whilst I don't much like it, I realise they they are absolutely entitled to park there should they so wish.

That may be so but it doesn't inspire much peace of mind does it. Thats the trade off I guess, cough up for secure parking or risk leaving you car under the nose of an irate resident for 2 weeks.
  • Steve_xx
    Forumite
    I agree with you in that it doesn't make for peace of mind. However, it simply is not right that people living there should take it upon themselves to damage vehicles parked there, and if they do so, then they should be punished for it.

Condoning this sort of behaviour would encourage other people in areas of dense vehicle parc to do the same when somebody strange happens to park outside their house. There are too many restrictions on where motorists can park already, with yellow lines and parking meters all over the place, often in places where it is hard to justify their presence. All this is ostensibly done in the name of controlling the traffic flow. What it's really done for is to derive even more revenue from long suffering motorists in order to provide even more parking meters and restrictions.
  • Steve_xx wrote:
    I agree with you in that it doesn't make for peace of mind. However, it simply is not right that people living there should take it upon themselves to damage vehicles parked there, and if they do so, then they should be punished for it.
    Very true. But as I am sure we are all aware, not everyone in this world is given to acting in a rational way, especially when vexed. Irrespective of the legalities of the matter, there is clearly a heightened risk to airport users vehicles left in areas where this sort of thing is a problem. Just something to be aware of.
  • Just to let you all know that I have also used the Airport Tavern for cheap car parking several times. However, on one occasion I suspected the car had done more miles while I had been away. The next time I parked there I reset the trip to zero and, sure enough, on my return it had gained 9 miles - and it ain't 9 miles from the front of the pub to the car park round the back! Obviously the staff use cars at random to go home, do shopping etc. But where would you stand if it had been in an accident, or clocked by a speed camera? Ok, I admit I was too tired to go in and have it out with them, I just didn't want the hassle, or the inevitable response of 'Oi don't know 'ow that could 'ave 'appened, mate'. So be warned, this lot are not as trustworthy, safe or secure as they would have you believe.
    Incidentally, this time, because I booked my flights with easyJet, I was offered a good discount on the official airport car park - just £25 for 8 days. The Airport Tavern staff can rip off other customers but I won't be one of them!
  • Am flying from Gatwick on the 3rd of October for one week cheapest quote i can find is £42.00 with aph although due to flight times goes into another day does anyone know of any cheaper

Cheers Jim
  • hi
    well hear goes -new to the forum,so hope i,m doin this right
    Manchester Airport
    anyone have any advise on the best car park/promotion codes to use
    thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income