£100 cashback & more on 12-mth O2 SIMplicity SIM-only mobile contracts - £11.25/mth!

Comments

• I'm currently with O2 on the monthly simplicity contract. I want to cancel this one and keep my old number. Has anyone else successfully changed over- would this invalidate the cash back offer? I'm new to cash back sites so would appreciate someone to explain how I could get this offer! Thanks.
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    looks like you might have to cancel one contract, and start again to get the cashback.
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • I too am on a O2 Simplicity 30-day contract (£9.79) and would have dearly liked to have gone down this Quidco £100 cash back route. Last week I contacted both O2 (phone) and Quidco (email) to see if it was possible for me to get this deal seeing as I was moving from a point of little commitment (30 day) to medium commitment (12 month). The feedback I received from O2's retention department was to enquire with Quidco. They didn't want to discuss at all. This is what I got back from Quidco.

"Thank you for your enquiry.

The offers are for new customers only and not existing customers who wish to renew.

I hope this clarifies matters and I will now close this ticket but if you wish to contact us regarding another matter then please raise another Help ticket."

Would be really helpful if all this was clarified up front.
  • DMC75_2
    DMC75_2 Posts: 216 Forumite
    with quidco , I wish to pay with a business card registered to a diff adress to my quidco account . Will I still get the cashback ?
  • socks_uk
    socks_uk Posts: 2,813 Forumite
    So does that mean you dont have to top up every month in order to get the free minutes, text & bonus. You just pay the 11 pounds line rental & you will get all of the above?

Unless I've read it all wrong, you pay £19.58 per month with a 12 month committment. The reason they are saying £11.25 is taking the £100 cashback and dividing it between the 12 months as a sort of 'on paper discount'.

You will pay £19.58 every month until you decide to end it sometime in the future (after the 12 months you have committed to). Someone will come along and correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm always tempted by these but I top up my O2 sim with £10 about every 3 months. I'm on 'favourite place' and so get free calls to landlines and other O2 users (all my family and most of my friends) for the month and then I use the credit I have until it runs out and it all starts again. So I probably pay about £40 or £50 a year for my phone. I'll carry on with what I've got I think.
    DEBT FREE BY 60
    Starting Debt 21st August 2019 = £11,024
    Debt at May 2022 = £5268
    Debt Free Challenge - To be debt free by August 2024
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Also on 30 day contract - I took a different tack with retentions .. telling them that I could get the same minutes / text/ web with another provider who was giving me £100 for a 12m sim contract..... were not interested in matching it direct -( silly really as sure it costs them more using the affiliate/quidco routes).

PAC number rec'd moving away tomorrow ( might go back though :-) )
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • ray951
    ray951 Posts: 1 Newbie
    My experience of receiving this cashback and being an existing O2 customer appears to be different to some others.

I have been an O2 contract customer for a number of years and when my contract ended last year I first of all went for the monthly simplicity and got £23.30 cashback in November and then when the 12 months simplicity with £110 cashback came out I then changed to that.

Both times I changed deals I got the cashback so £133.30 in total:D

I upgraded using the 'upgrade' option on the O2 website, I had to submit an enquiry to quidco for both upgrades but both were successful and no need to port your number and you keep your existing sim.

So unless the t&c's have changed then if you are an existing O2 customer I would recommend that you go through the 'Upgrade' option and see what happens.
  • catsmum
    catsmum Posts: 60 Forumite
    hi ray

how long did u have to wait for the £100 mine has tracked at 23.33 do i have to wait for the year?

thanks in advance
  • love2save
    love2save Posts: 832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    djt wrote: »
    Yes, you can use an iPhone on this as I'll be doing exactly the same!

Do you know the cheapest place to buy a new payg iphone 3gs?
  • catsmum wrote: »
    hi ray

how long did u have to wait for the £100 mine has tracked at 23.33 do i have to wait for the year?

thanks in advance

No - it should 'track' within 10 days or so - I received the payment of the £110 (last offer April 2009) at the end of June - so about two and a half months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure