Direct debit amount change not notified - ScottishPower

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    jkcool wrote: »
    It doesn't matter. But it helps to plan my budget properly. Especially when struggling to find a deposit for a house ( working in the South of England).

Fair point but my advice is !!!8216;do it yourself!!!8217;. I have a 99p app called Meters that I input meter readings into once per month. It tells me how much I owe; how much usage compares to previous years etc. No DD shocks here. If usage goes up, then I just put a little extra money to one side.
  • jkcool
    jkcool Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Will do. Thank you !!
  • Geodark
    Geodark Posts: 1,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Scottish Power show any changes to DDs on the bills they generate. Do not check your bills online?
  • jkcool
    Geodark wrote: »
    Scottish Power show any changes to DDs on the bills they generate. Do not check your bills online?

I had no clue that someone came down and took my meter readings. Otherwise they generates bills in December and June. More over I reported meter readings in Jan. So I wasn't expecting a new bil.

No email was sent telling me that a new bil was generated. The only way to know is to check every month.
  • Scottish_Power
    Scottish_Power Posts: 1,263 Organisation Representative
    Updates. ..

I sent an email to them explaining the issue. Their reply was not clear. They did not address the issue properly. So I called them back again. They acknowledged that no email/post was sent when the direct debit amount is changed. But they insisted that 'The Direct Debit Guarantee' does not mandate to send emails. They have notified via the online account. And that is it. I have asked them to send me a confirmation saying that no email was sent to notify me when direct debit amount was changed. They said they will do that and close the complaint. So email was not sent, 100% sure and confirmed.

I am not happy with the way notification system works with Scottish Power. I firmly believe that customers should be notified ( pushed to them) via email or text when the direct debit amount changes. I don't think that people who sign up for online accounts logs in and check their usage /changes in DD amount every week. People sign up because you don't want to have utility bills printed off. The discount scottish power offered for signing up was around £5 when you spend around £1,000 an year. They also advertise it is "Green". I can't really find the online account T&Cs to see what's there in the fine print.

Not sure what I can do to make Scottish Power change the way they notify customers in the future. Can I make a complaint to Of Energy ?

Please let me know your thoughts. Don't know if Martin agrees with me on this :D

Hi jkcool

Firstly I would like to apologies for the issues you have encounter with you direct debt and also with how this has been handled.

If you could possibly email me at Social@scottishpower.com with the following information,
    your MSE handle in the subject heading
    your full address
    your name and telephone number
    and some details of the issues you have encountered
    I can look to get this escalated for you and pass on some feedback in regards to the current process.

Kind Regards
    Danielle
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • jkcool
    Hi jkcool

Firstly I would like to apologies for the issues you have encounter with you direct debt and also with how this has been handled.

If you could possibly email me at [EMAIL="Social@scottishpower.com"]Social@scottishpower.com[/EMAIL] with the following information,
    your full address
    I can look to get this escalated for you and pass on some feedback in regards to the current process.

Kind Regards
    Danielle

Just did as you said. Hoping to get a different response. This would be my 4th interaction with Scottish Power.
  • jkcool
    Hi jkcool

If you could possibly email me at Social@scottishpower.com with the following information,
    your full address

Kind Regards
    Danielle

Hi Danielle,

Any updates on this ?
  • Scottish_Power
    Scottish_Power Posts: 1,263 Organisation Representative
    Hi Danielle,

Any updates on this ?

Hi jkcool

I'm sorry I haven't been in contact until now. I have been on holiday this week and I am just back in the office this morning. I will pick up your email now and have a response by Monday.

Kind Regards
    Danielle
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Yesterday I emailed SP asking for a complaint on that same point. Far too early for a response which is why I wonder how Danielle resolved the complaint you raised??????
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Yesterday I emailed SP asking for a complaint on that same point. Far too early for a response which is why I wonder how Danielle resolved the complaint you raised??????

Welcome to the forum.

Just to clarify, are/were you expecting a paper letter by snail mail informing you of an increase in your DD?

I was with SP on an on-line tariff and my notification of a DD change was on my on-line bill - easy to miss if you don't look at your bills closely.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure