DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,848 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    torheb wrote: »
    Hi guys - just looking for a bit of reassurance- we started our DMP in may and it's mostly been trucking along nicely - we're getting used to budgeting better etc etc. We have started getting some scary letters re default notices I had a few letters at the beginning but nothing quite so scary sounding - I'm sure defaults are what we want but the letters still scare me when they are demanding payment and refer to collections? Is this just a standard automated scare letter and should I ignore them? thanks

A creditor is required under the consumer credit act, to send a default notice to you when you are behind with your contractual payments (your DMP will not be taken into account here - these are computer generated letters).

They will say something like :

"you have 14 days to bring your account up to date otherwise a default will be registered on your credit file"

You can completely ignore this, defaults are good in your situation, just carry on as you are, its all a part of the process.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    edited 30 August 2017 at 11:50AM
    Hi all

I've just tried to log in to BC accounts. Myself and DH have one each. However both accounts are not letting us log in. It says 'system error please contact us'

They have both defaulted now according to BC although not showing on credit files yet. I'm wondering if they are in the process of selling us on. :think:

If this is the case would this be what happens?

Could just be their site is down but we will see.
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Morning everyone :wave:

Cabot bought one of our debts a while ago. Out of the blue today they've written and offered to settle at 45% of the outstanding balance. It's one of our smaller debts. We've never contacted Cabot with a F&F offer - we had contacted original DCA that was 'handling' the account for the original creditor but F&Fs were met with polite "no's"

I shall think for several days before going back with a counter offer :)

It's looking good though :)
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • motivated wrote: »
    Hi all

I've just tried to log in to BC accounts. Myself and DH have one each. However both accounts are not letting us log in. It says 'system error please contact us'

They have both defaulted now according to BC although not showing on credit files yet. I'm wondering if they are in the process of selling us on. :think:

Hi Motivated

I had the same thing when my BC was being defaulted, mine hasnt been sold on but after the default I could not log in any more. Pity as I liked to see a running total but after the default it can only go down with no more interest added.

:j
  • January2015
    motivated wrote: »
    Hi all

We lost BC online access once they defaulted us. However, over a year on and BC have not sold either of our accounts.

Nothing happens from this point on. Keep a track of your balance yourself because you cannot log in and track it anymore. I haven't had a letter or balance update from BC in almost a year. I check the balance on Noddle and Clearscore now. It is over a month behind my actual payments, but I can see it reducing at the right amount.
  • motivated
    Thanks Billy, that's what I thought may be happening. I shall wait for my default to arrive then :T
  • motivated
    Thanks January. I have all account numbers and current balances written down so I know where I am at the moment. Hopefully MBNA will follow suit very soon. To think I am happy about having a default :D
  • January2015
    The other DMP related letter we received today was from the DCA that bought our VM debt. They confirmed that they are still trying to obtain the CCA information from VM. It's been 3 months now. They write to us each month apologising and acknowledging the debt will not be chased until they are able to supply the information.

How long does it take to supply reconstituted credit agreements for goodness sake. These are post 2007 accounts and I only CCA'd them because I could - not really expecting anything to be unenforceable. I'm start to get {false} hope now ;)
  • vaper
    vaper Posts: 105 Forumite
    Hi folks.
    Barclaycard and Capital one have done the same to us for both our credit cards.
    Both of them sent us letters a few months ago asking us to ring them as they said "We have tried to email you to let you know you're latest statement is available to view on line, unfortunately the email bounced back as it isn't working, please ring us to update your details" . What a load of lying crafty bull****!
    Neither of them are anywhere near defaulting, I think this will carry on for some time while they continue to add charges and interest.
    Don't put menthol vape juice in your eyes!!!
  • motivated
    vaper wrote: »
    Hi folks.
    Barclaycard and Capital one have done the same to us for both our credit cards.
    Both of them sent us letters a few months ago asking us to ring them as they said "We have tried to email you to let you know you're latest statement is available to view on line, unfortunately the email bounced back as it isn't working, please ring us to update your details" . What a load of lying crafty bull****!
    Neither of them are anywhere near defaulting, I think this will carry on for some time while they continue to add charges and interest.

Hi vaper. We also had letters saying 'we are having trouble contacting you, please ring us'. Errrr no thankyou.

Are BC still adding interest on yours? I have paid them £1.00 for a few months and contacted them via their messaging service.. I asked them to default us and give them the shpeel about them prolonging the inevitable and how they would ruin my credit file for longer unnecessarily. They replied with a default and also backdated it to March.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport