NatWest mortgage advice please!!!!

Options
Hi! Just looking for some advice:..
AIP recieved 09/02/19
Our broker put our full application in 15/02/19 (last night)
She’s got back to us this afternoon saying application has been accepted and documentation is getting reviewed, valuation has also been instructed. (Seems very quick!!)
Has anyone any ideas how long before we hear??
Does this look reliable that we will get the mortgage offer??

Comments

• ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,727 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    How can the application be accepted if the documents have not been reviewed?

Your application has gone in. Assuming everything has been entered correctly, you have passed the affordability and credit checks. The document checking should just be a formality - in 6-7 years I have only ever had them query anything 3 times and all 3 were fine.

As for how long, that will depend on the valuation and when it is booked in for. Assuming it will be carried out on sat Wednesday, you will probably have a Mortgage offer a week on Monday.

Everything looks fine though. Once you have got this far, based on my experience there is very little to worry about.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Sgmetro
    Sgmetro Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for the reply!!
    This was my worry also, thinking how could we be accepted if they haven’t reviewed the documents!!?
    So basically all the broker means is that they have submitted our application?!
    Thanks for the reassurance though, it has helped... obviously as first time buyers we are stressing out a little!
    I’ve asked for the tracking number for the mortgage tracker online but broker hasn’t gave us it! Would be piece of mind to be able to log in and track each step but don’t want to feel like I’m pestering them!!
  • Sgmetro
    Options
    Also. Can I just ask... as my broker doesn’t work a Sunday....
    When she has put the application forward.. is that a stage where it can either get declined or accepted? Regardless of having the AIP.
    Or is this just a stage where it’s a computer who’s checked over and gave a answer straight away...
    Only reason I ask is I’m sure she said the underwriters has accepted the application?
    Very confused!!!!!
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    wait for official written offer, can take 1-2 weeks +
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Sgmetro
    Options
    I know that, I’m just looking for some reassurance and people’s experience on the NatWest process as it’s quite a anxious time to sit and wait about. Thanks
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Everyone's circumstances are different, your post has no information on whether one can make a reasonable judgement call

salary, deposit, debts, house price, CCJ, e.t.c

My offer took 2 weeks, but that means nothing

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5965464
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,727 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    If your documents stack up and the valuation comes back fine, your mortgage will be offered. The credit check has been done.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sgmetro wrote: »
    I’ve asked for the tracking number for the mortgage tracker online but broker hasn’t gave us it! Would be piece of mind to be able to log in and track each step but don’t want to feel like I’m pestering them!!

Relax. You are at the start of a long process. The actual house purchase could be even more frustratating and drawn out.
  • starM
    starM Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    My remortgage application took less than 2 weeks for mortgage offer with NatWest. The best way is ring NatWest and ask for your application refs number so you can track the application yourself on NatWest website.

Much easier and you don't have to wait an update from the broker then.

My broker was L&C they were great but whatever update they told me was available on the tracker so I knew it beforehand.
  • LydiaTheKind
    Options
    Hi,

My application via broker was put in with NatWest on Tuesday 12th Feb, valuation has been arranged for Wednesday 20th Feb. Broker thinks we will get an answer by Friday 22nd but I’m realistically expecting it on Monday 25th.

Don’t get stressed out by it - you can only do what you can do.
    :T Hopeful first time buyer in 2019 :T
    Currently reading: Mythos by Steven Fry
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family