Clydesdale Bank loan PPI

Recently submitted a request about a loan I had around 20 years ago. I can remember how much it was but nothing else.

I have since received a letter saying thanks for the request we will now start the investigation process and reply back to you with our final decision. I find this very strange as they have asked for no further information or any forms to be completed? Halifax and Blackhorse had multiple forms to be done.

If I receive money from Clydesdale then great but they can't really deny me if they have never asked the reason for complaint and circumstances at the time etc...

Anyone else any recent experience with Clydesdale?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Grant1980 wrote: »
    If I receive money from Clydesdale then great but they can't really deny me if they have never asked the reason for complaint and circumstances at the time etc...

Of course they can, if they find no evidence of mis selling.

If you have specific reasons you haven't yet given them, send them on to them.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,041
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I have since received a letter saying thanks for the request we will now start the investigation process and reply back to you with our final decision. I find this very strange as they have asked for no further information or any forms to be completed? Halifax and Blackhorse had multiple forms to be done.

They have to acknowledge the complaint. It will then be passed to someone to look at. If the person looking at it decides there is insufficient info, they will then come back to you and ask for more information. All quite normal.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,423
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    They mat have any info left from 20 years ago and that is perfectly normal.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Thanks for the replies. I just find it strange they are not asking for any further info when other companies just stop short of asking for q blood sample from you.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,423
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    They are probably looking first to see if there is anything left. If there is, they'll be back with more questions unless they decide to autopay or they find a wrongdoing with the sale independently.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Grant1980 wrote: »
    Recently submitted a request about a loan I had around 20 years ago. I can remember how much it was but nothing else.
    That sounds like you made a request for information rather than a complaint.
    Grant1980 wrote: »
    they can't really deny me if they have never asked the reason for complaint and circumstances at the time etc...

Most importantly they could deny you because you were simply not mis-sold, but they could also deny you in multiple other ways:

They could deny you because you didn't have any PPI.

They could deny you because they no longer have any records of this finance.

They could deny you because you applied online

They could deny you because you purchased PPI through a broker.

etc etc etc etc etc etc

If you want to make a compelling complaint then provide your reasons to the bank in an additional letter.
  • sun73
    sun73 Posts: 498
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Since Clydesdale Bank were fined in 2015 for misleading FOS and customers about PPI records they've been bending over backwards to locate these details. They can go back to the 1980's in some cases. So if they have your account number there's a strong possibility of them finding your loan. I wish other lenders were as thorough.

If it was an unsecured loan set up with single premium insurance, it will be a straight forward uphold. Otherwise they will write to you. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure