Birmingham Midshires Faster Payment changes

2»

Comments

• I have a regular monthly DD and have always made faster payments also into the account with no problems.

I did notice that the new details did comment about a cut off of 5pm for payments, so I don't know if this will apply for inward payments as at the moment the payments are normally received within 2 hours except over weekends when they aren't processed until week day.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I did notice that the new details did comment about a cut off of 5pm for payments, so I don't know if this will apply for inward payments as at the moment the payments are normally received within 2 hours except over weekends when they aren't processed until week day.
    Thanks for the confirmation.

I've done four FP transactions into the BM account and all four appeared in my account online within an hour (even though it was Saturday afternoon).
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • hoc
    hoc Posts: 557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I see Birmingham Midshire have now changed the details under 'Make a deposit' in online banking. I have set up a new payment recipient with my current account using this information however unlike previously where it was a payment to a company (Birmingham Midshire) I am now paying a person (myself). I deleted the old and first tried to set up as before as paying Birmingham Midshire but my bank still brings the old bank details if I type in as Birmingham Midshire. I will make a small test payment tomorrow. I also notice a new DD mandate presumably to replace the old one, which still remains. I have not touched the old one.
  • Has anyone sent any money yet to the new details? I set it up today and sent a small amount but it still isn't showing in the account after 4 hours. It used to be within 2 hours and the new sort code does now state that it accepts faster payments.
  • Has anyone sent any money yet to the new details? I set it up today and sent a small amount but it still isn't showing in the account after 4 hours. It used to be within 2 hours and the new sort code does now state that it accepts faster payments.

Yes. I diarised a payment on Saturday to go to the new details today. I have checked and it is showing. Oddly it isn't described as a Faster Payment on the BM account but a 'Forward Dated Payment'. All previous payments to the Barclays-held account showed as Faster Payments.
  • Can the faster payment in to Birm Mid be from an account other than the linked one??
    I am NOT a mortgage & insurance adviser - or anything to do with finance, that was put on by the new system I dont know why?!
  • Can the faster payment in to Birm Mid be from an account other than the linked one??

Yes, I've made faster payments from other accounts into my BM Internet Saver.
  • Thanks very much for the reply.

:j
    I am NOT a mortgage & insurance adviser - or anything to do with finance, that was put on by the new system I dont know why?!
  • Oh dear - I made a payment to my BM savings earlier in the week using the old details - via a regular payment set up on First Direct - not being aware there'd been a change (don't remember getting a letter about this). The money hasn't come through to my account after five working days. On the phone BM said they'd changed things on 17th Sep but didn't seem to have any understanding of why I might have used the old details.

Luckily First Direct seem pretty on the ball and are doing a trace, but a bit worried :-(
  • Uxb
    Uxb Posts: 1,340 Forumite
    WilliamP wrote: »
    not being aware there'd been a change (don't remember getting a letter about this).

2 page letter from BM dated July 2018 entitled "we're making changes to our conditions" which also enclosed new T&C''s booklet
    The second page of letter gave full details of "The new payment details" and gave the new account numbers to use.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure