Question about harassment

15678911»

Comments

• marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Sorry but I'm not trolling but he told her he'd do it in the past, just wondering if that was an offence, linked to harassment

And why didnt the previous reams of replies saying 'don't be ridiculous, a photo isnt illegal' make you realise that no, of course not.

Honestly Im glad he has done it (in cloud cuckoo land). It serves your girlfriend right for lying to her family AND thinking she can get someone in trouble for calling her out on her lies.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    Honestly Im glad he has done it (in cloud cuckoo land). It serves your girlfriend right for lying to her family AND thinking she can get someone in trouble for calling her out on her lies.

To be fair, girls and women from strictly traditional families have sometimes found themselves in very real danger if their families found out they have broken the so called rules.

I don't believe this is real, but I also don't think it would 'serve them right' if somebody outed the actions of a woman in that situation to their family and put them at risk of harm.
  • marliepanda
    To be fair, girls and women from strictly traditional families have sometimes found themselves in very real danger if their families found out they have broken the so called rules.

I don't believe this is real, but I also don't think it would 'serve them right' if somebody outed the actions of a woman in that situation to their family and put them at risk of harm.

Did you miss the bit where the girlfriend lied to the police and said her ex assaulted her in an attempt to get him in trouble?

I stand by my point.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Did you miss the bit where the girlfriend lied to the police and said her ex assaulted her in an attempt to get him in trouble?

I stand by my point.
    Some people will throw everyone else under the train to save their 'reputation'
  • Red-Squirrel_2

I stand by my point.

I did miss it, but I still stand by my point too.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
  • Comms69
    Forumite

Aside from the fact one is a crime and one isn't?...
  • marliepanda

Im pretty sure if she was worried her family would perform a 'honour killing' she wouldnt be antagonizing the man by trying to get him in trouble with the police.

Anyway her brother knows and Im assuming she is still breathing, so lets not get too wrapped up in 'what if her family kills her' when clearly this is not the worry here.

Also its all made up.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Comms69 wrote: »
    Aside from the fact one is a crime and one isn't?...

You're in a very argumentative mood today.

Something doesn't have to be a crime to be wrong. We all know about honour killings. Deliberately putting somebody at risk of that is wrong.

So are false accusations of assault, obviously. The one has no bearing on the other.
  • andrewthomas2008
    andrewthomas2008 Posts: 164 Forumite
    edited 3 November 2018 at 6:12PM

Something doesn't have to be a crime to be wrong. We all know about honour killings. Deliberately putting somebody at risk of that is wrong.

So are false accusations of assault, obviously. The one has no bearing on the other.

I understand where you are coming from.
    Girlie Girl
  • Comms69
    Forumite

Sorry :)

Looong weekend.

I agree, with you in principle.

For example I would say it's wrong for a family to restrict the actions of it's adult children in terms of their own life decisions.

I guess it just depends on where you draw the line. I don't think that anyone has the right to silence someone because of the actions a third party might take.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure