Best Cashback/ Points Card?

Been with Tesco for years but they just treated me like crap so moving cards. Been reading everything here and am confused as to best options. Spend on average £4k per month on a card but pay off in full every month.

Wants
Cash or points (have a nectar account)

Dont Want
Amex
Air Miles

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,398
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/cashback-credit-cards/ summarises the best options for cashback and also includes links to the other articles about Nectar, etc....
  • doleawg
    doleawg Posts: 36
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    eskbanker wrote: »
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/cashback-credit-cards/ summarises the best options for cashback and also includes links to the other articles about Nectar, etc....

Thanks I had read all that but it separates cash and points, I'm interested in others experiences of (Amex aside) which delivers the most return. Cheers
  • stevenhp1987
    stevenhp1987 Posts: 907
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Why not an Amex? They will undoubtedly give you the highest rate of return.

Perhaps an Amex as a main card alongside a cashback/miles earning Visa/Mastercard for the minority of places that don't take it?
  • doleawg
    Forumite
    Why not an Amex? They will undoubtedly give you the highest rate of return.

Perhaps an Amex as a main card alongside a cashback/miles earning Visa/Mastercard for the minority of places that don't take it?

Its a PITA budgeting and managing spending with Amex as it is surprising how many places don't accept them, however one gripe was pay pal which does now accept them?

Lets see what others say. I may be tempted! Tescos really pee'd me off, hide a new change in terms, billed me £55 and said they didn't care about my long term history so simple thing to do is move.
  • msallen
    msallen Posts: 1,494
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    doleawg wrote: »
    Its a PITA budgeting and managing spending with Amex as it is surprising how many places don't accept them

Really? What do you spend on. I can't remember the last place I was unable to use an Amex.
  • An AMEX Nectar card then?
  • doleawg
    Forumite
    msallen wrote: »
    Really? What do you spend on. I can't remember the last place I was unable to use an Amex.

I have a work Amex and its quite regular in smaller places that they don't accept. 3 places in Glasgow 2 weeks ago. Its quite annoying at times but my annoyance with Tesco is such that I may suffer to prove a point.
  • doleawg
    Forumite
    msallen wrote: »

Moved now from Tesco to Amex cashback. It is an issue how many retailers don't accept Amex and some large ones too. B&Q, Dunelm are 2 in the last week, still will persevere but will monitor this site for new Mastercard or Visa offers.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Well a lot more take it now than did several years ago. B&Q don't take contactless payments, or apple pay or google pay, so saying they don't take Amex is no real surprise.
  • terafarma
    terafarma Posts: 105 Forumite
    edited 11 September 2018 at 9:09AM
    doleawg wrote: »
    Moved now from Tesco to Amex cashback. It is an issue how many retailers don't accept Amex and some large ones too. B&Q, Dunelm are 2 in the last week, still will persevere but will monitor this site for new Mastercard or Visa offers.

Why not give Tandem Mastercard Cashback credit card a try? It gives 0.5% cashback on all purchases both home and abroad. No venture, no gain as the saying goes.
    Money is like a bird.....if mishandled, will simply fly away....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure