Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,241 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I miss my dad too.
    6 years :(

Good news on a holiday adventure :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Hugs Beanie XX

I was doing really quite well before BIL got sick and whilst obviously my sister and him have been most affected everything - all my plans for the last year have been on hold. And now the pressure is off for me to an extent I just don't have the fight in me. And I definitely need a new job.

i haven't the energy for either!
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • beanielou
    No wonder you have no energy.
    Hopefully you can regroup at some point.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    How's your BIL doing?
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,276 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    It's one expense after another for you at the moment. Everything seems to have happened at once. I think you're going to have to get the fence done for your own sanity. I know it's expensive, anything to do with gardens usually is.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou wrote: »
    No wonder you have no energy.
    Hopefully you can regroup at some point.

I have temporarily given up marking some classes. The dogs are now on day four of diarrhoea, poor boys. They have had chicken and rice the last two nights and it has helped.
    Pooky wrote: »
    How's your BIL doing?
    This is an awkward one, I think he is doing ok, I have been round with the dogs once or twice a week and take shopping and when I am there all seems good, my sister loves a routine so they are working that out with the carers. He looks SO much better than when he was in hospital. Although he doesn't remember home directly he says he feels safe there. She can't leave him tho and even if you are in the kitchen (making drinks) he calls out and gets...concerned. So it is an enormously steep learning curve. I am worried about my sister. She hasn't left the house since he came home, I get it he can't so she won't. Plus he doesn't like being left alone. the whole situation is just so unreal. But I will do what I can.
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    It's one expense after another for you at the moment. Everything seems to have happened at once. I think you're going to have to get the fence done for your own sanity. I know it's expensive, anything to do with gardens usually is.

I think ...........I try and think I can technically afford this, being in debt has happened so easily and I am so rubbish with money but my credit rating is good so I am lucky I can do this. It does make me so angry but he isn't every going to turn out sane in my view. So to protect Mum the dogs and me I will do it. Sounds a bit dramatic I know! but it is how I feel after Thursday.

Had a nice dinner of omelette and chips tonight. yum.

XXX
  • beanielou
    I dont envy your sister :(

• beanielou wrote: »
    I dont envy your sister :(

No, I really don't know how that will work out. I don't know.
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    If she speaks to the GP or care team they should be able to get him sorted with a wheelchair so they can at least get out and about (ramps can be put in for him to get out of the house). Getting out and about was what saved my sanity after E's accident.

Does he have family that can visit and take over for a few hours so she can get out on her own?

And poor dogs! They seem to have very sensitive tummies, does stress set them off? Is there a dog version of feliway? Maybe that would help.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • beanielou
    Wise words from Pooky.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure