wanting to claim my wage back

Hi
I had a accident at work which resulted in me having to take 2 weeks off and im back only part time. I asked the manager if she would be able to pay my basic wage whist i was off, due to being injured at work. She said no.
i asked her if i could claim through the work insurance which she seemed happy for me to do. I dont want to claim for a accident at work i have called a no win no fee and they would be happy to take it on. But I dont want to go down this route all i want is my basic wage, How do i proceed?

Any help would be appriciated

Comments

• Why not talk to the insurance company and claim your basic wage?
    Thinking critically since 1996....
  • CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative
    CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative Posts: 153 Organisation Representative
    donzzzz wrote: »
    Hi
    I had a accident at work which resulted in me having to take 2 weeks off and im back only part time. I asked the manager if she would be able to pay my basic wage whist i was off, due to being injured at work. She said no.
    i asked her if i could claim through the work insurance which she seemed happy for me to do. I dont want to claim for a accident at work i have called a no win no fee and they would be happy to take it on. But I dont want to go down this route all i want is my basic wage, How do i proceed?

Any help would be appriciated

Hi

Unless your contract states otherwise or your employer has in the past paid full pay whilst someone is off sick ( in other words by custom and practice ) then your only entitlement by law would be to Statutory Sick Pay ( SSP ) unless your employer can be persuaded to make this up to full pay. The rules about SSP can be found by following the link below :

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/work_e/work_rights_at_work_e/basic_rights_at_work.htm#Sickness

If you are not entitled to SSP under the rules then technically your employer would not be under any legal obligation to pay you anything . You might have grounds for a personal injury claim against your employer if they have been negligent in some way which contributed to the accident. I know you don't want to go down this route but members of the APIL - Association of Personal Injury lawyers can give a free assessment of your case.

Follow the link below to the site : www.apil.org.uk
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure