TSB refer to friend, both get £75?

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,245 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Depends what the poster means by "a member of TSB". If they mean they already have a TSB current account then the offer T&Cs would seem to exclude them...
    Presumably closing the existing account(s) (or switching it to Santander/Nationwide for a referral bonus before switching it back) would satisfy that condition.
  • Aidanmc
    Aidanmc Posts: 730 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Depends what the poster means by "a member of TSB". If they mean they already have a TSB current account then the offer T&Cs would seem to exclude them...

Yes, i mean that i already have a TSB Classic current account.
  • bazwaldo
    bazwaldo Posts: 564 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Does anybody know whether we are allowed 5 referrals per account we hold at tsb or whether it is 5 max regardless of how many accounts held.
    Has anybody actually been allowed more than 5.
  • pphillips
    pphillips Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    bazwaldo wrote: »
    Does anybody know whether we are allowed 5 referrals per account we hold at tsb or whether it is 5 max regardless of how many accounts held.
    Has anybody actually been allowed more than 5.

Each person can only earn a maximum of £375 regardless of how many account you have.
  • Not_Radio2
    Not_Radio2 Posts: 42 Forumite
    To switch to a TSB Current Account, do I need any active Direct Debits to qualify, please?
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Not_Radio2 wrote: »
    To switch to a TSB Current Account, do I need any active Direct Debits to qualify, please?
    What do the switch T&Cs say?
  • movilogo
    movilogo Posts: 3,186 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    The problem with TSB's offer is that new a/c holder can't just simply open a new a/c but also has to switch payments from old a/c.

Not many people will be interested in switching services.

Some banks offer intensive even if you simply open a new a/c with them
    Happiness is buying an item and then not checking its price after a month to discover it was reduced further.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    movilogo wrote: »
    The problem with TSB's offer is that new a/c holder can't just simply open a new a/c but also has to switch payments from old a/c.

Not many people will be interested in switching services.

Some banks offer intensive even if you simply open a new a/c with them
    I don't know where you've been for the past few years but the vast majority of introductory bank incentives are for switching rather than just opening accounts, so TSB are very much going with the flow here.

Happy to be proved wrong if you produce a list of the banks currently offering meaningful financial incentives simply for opening accounts....
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    eskbanker wrote: »
    Happy to be proved wrong if you produce a list of the banks currently offering meaningful financial incentives simply for opening accounts....

Now, that would be nice, wouldn't it!

Though I'm so used to switching for my[STRIKE] ill-gotten gains[/STRIKE] rewards, it would, somehow, seem wrong, to get paid for simply opening an account.
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    eskbanker wrote: »

As am I!

The thing about CASS that makes it attractive to banks is precisely because it forces your old account to close - it prevents you from banking with a competing bank as easily. Most incentives are primarily aimed at your average person who doesn't tart around for bank bonuses all the time (although they do build things into the T&Cs to prevent people like us taking them for a ride all the time!) which makes good sense for them to ask you to move all your banking to the new bank - that's how they are going to make their money off of bank fees, interest, etc. If a bank offered an incentive to open an account without having to close your existing account, then there would be no incentive to actually use the new account which would be a tremendous waste of money on the new banks part
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure