Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chimaera
    • By Chimaera 11th Jun 11, 3:09 PM
    • 47Posts
    • 14Thanks
    Chimaera
    Microsoft Office 2010 Discount for UK Armed Forces
    • 11th Jun 11, 3:09 PM
    Microsoft Office 2010 Discount for UK Armed Forces 11th Jun 11 at 3:09 PM
    I hope someone on here may be able to help. There was a discount available for Microsoft Office Software for members of the UK Armed Forces but I can't seem to find it. Is there one running currently as it appears to be only for US Forces.
    Many thanks!
Page 1
    • Fergie76
    • By Fergie76 11th Jun 11, 4:09 PM
    • 2,238 Posts
    • 2,294 Thanks
    Fergie76
    • 11th Jun 11, 4:09 PM
    • 11th Jun 11, 4:09 PM
    There is a version for UK Forces, it is 8.95, but you need to access it from the intra-net first.

I don't have link at the moment, as I am at home.

It came out in a DIN or RNTM earlier this year.
    • Trying to be good
    • By Trying to be good 11th Jun 11, 9:34 PM
    • 1,949 Posts
    • 2,432 Thanks
    Trying to be good
    • 11th Jun 11, 9:34 PM
    • 11th Jun 11, 9:34 PM
    It's through the intranet, so long as you've a DII account, I think. It's called SABS-online Home Use, but I can't remember what that stands for...
    • Fergie76
    • By Fergie76 11th Jun 11, 11:55 PM
    • 2,238 Posts
    • 2,294 Thanks
    Fergie76
    • 11th Jun 11, 11:55 PM
    • 11th Jun 11, 11:55 PM
    http://www.microsofthup.com/hupuk/home.aspx?culture=en-GB
    • Alias_Omega
    • By Alias_Omega 12th Jun 11, 8:28 AM
    • 7,263 Posts
    • 3,954 Thanks
    Alias_Omega
    • 12th Jun 11, 8:28 AM
    • 12th Jun 11, 8:28 AM
    I believe the SABS deal ended in November 2010.

• archived user
    • 12th Jun 11, 8:41 AM
    • 12th Jun 11, 8:41 AM
    The original thread with the web address is here. Don't know whether it's still running though. If it is still running then it will now be Office 2010 as that's what I got at the end of last year.

As said, you can only get to it from DII or whatever other system you use to access the Defence Intranet.
    • Fergie76
    • By Fergie76 12th Jun 11, 12:00 PM
    • 2,238 Posts
    • 2,294 Thanks
    Fergie76
    • 12th Jun 11, 12:00 PM
    • 12th Jun 11, 12:00 PM
    I posted the link in post 4. You need to get your Service's Programme code and use your @mod.uk email address.

A link to download Office 10/Mac 11 and your product key will be sent to that address, which you then need to forward to your home computer and download from there.
    • tocsin
    • By tocsin 12th Jun 11, 5:30 PM
    • 173 Posts
    • 117 Thanks
    tocsin
    • 12th Jun 11, 5:30 PM
    • 12th Jun 11, 5:30 PM
    The original thread with the web address is here. Don't know whether it's still running though. If it is still running then it will now be Office 2010 as that's what I got at the end of last year.

As said, you can only get to it from DII or whatever other system you use to access the Defence Intranet.
    Originally posted by !!!!!!!
    I'll go with !!!!!!! - this link (the one in the linked thread) has been advertised on Service sites in the last few days, and needs to be accessed from a MoD PC. Once registered, everything else can be done from your own PC.

Forgot to add, as well as Office, you can get Project and Visio.
    Last edited by tocsin; 12-06-2011 at 5:31 PM. Reason: addition
  • archived user
    • 12th Jun 11, 6:15 PM
    • 12th Jun 11, 6:15 PM
    I posted the link in post 4. You need to get your Service's Programme code and use your @mod.uk email address.
    Originally posted by Fergie76
    You can't do that because the MoD scheme is contracted through SBL who do not use the home user scheme that you pointed to.

SBL are such a large suppliers of MS products to the Defence and Government markets that they manage the licensing of MS products themselves and provide the downloads
    • Fergie76
    • By Fergie76 12th Jun 11, 6:58 PM
    • 2,238 Posts
    • 2,294 Thanks
    Fergie76
    You can't do that because the MoD scheme is contracted through SBL who do not use the home user scheme that you pointed to.

SBL are such a large suppliers of MS products to the Defence and Government markets that they manage the licensing of MS products themselves and provide the downloads
    Originally posted by !!!!!!!
    You can do it and I done this very thing in December.

As I said in my original post it either came out in an RNTM or DIN, I thought it was the beginning of this year, but in actual fact it must have been the end of last year.

I'm at home at the moment but when I get back to work tomorrow I will post tell you exactly which DIN/RNTM it was.
  • archived user
    OK. I don't get to see DINs etc. Not based at an MoD site and only use DII on a needs must basis.
    • Fergie76
    • By Fergie76 12th Jun 11, 10:20 PM
    • 2,238 Posts
    • 2,294 Thanks
    Fergie76
    For anyone in the Navy, you need to read RNTM 244/10 - Microsoft Online Training Courses and Home Use Program

If you are not in the Navy you can still access the RNTM via the intranet, but this is aimed at the Navy. You should ask at your local Education Centre.

From the RNTM:

Home Use Program

1. The Home use program allows users who use Microsoft products at work to purchase Microsoft software to use at home with a significant discount.

The products available include:
    Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
    Microsoft Project Professional 2010
    Microsoft Visio Premium 2010
    Office 2008 for Mac

2. Each is priced at 8.95 for the License Key only. The software itself can be downloaded direct from the Microsoft site however if a physical CD is preferred this can be additionally purchased for a further 10.35.

3. To gain access to the Home Use Program a code is required. To receive the code and guidance on using the Home Use Program, using your MOD (DII etc) email account, click the following link and click send on the email that opens.
    • Chimaera
    • By Chimaera 13th Jun 11, 11:25 AM
    • 47 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Chimaera
    Sorry for the delayed reply, but thank you to all who have posted you have been very helpful and it is much appreciated!
    • mercman1969
    • By mercman1969 13th Jun 11, 12:59 PM
    • 866 Posts
    • 106 Thanks
    mercman1969
    Did you manage to download the software
    Have been searching for this since being told by a friend at Christmas but gave up thinking it had all expired

Would appreciate a noddy guide of how to obtain it
    • Fergie76
    • By Fergie76 13th Jun 11, 6:33 PM
    • 2,238 Posts
    • 2,294 Thanks
    Fergie76
    Did you manage to download the software
    Have been searching for this since being told by a friend at Christmas but gave up thinking it had all expired

Would appreciate a noddy guide of how to obtain it
    Originally posted by mercman1969
    Yeah, downloaded it no problem.

I had to email a WO at Fleet, who sent me the Service Code and instructions on what to do and it was a fairly easy process.

Basically, you input your Service email (@mod.uk) address and Service code on the link I provided earlier.

It will then take you to an order and payment page. Pay with your debt card and it will email your supplied Service address with a link to download from and your product key.

Forward the email to your civvy email address, click on link, download, install, input product key and away you go.

Easy.
    • mercman1969
    • By mercman1969 13th Jun 11, 9:06 PM
    • 866 Posts
    • 106 Thanks
    mercman1969
    Yeah, downloaded it no problem.

I had to email a WO at Fleet, who sent me the Service Code and instructions on what to do and it was a fairly easy process.

Basically, you input your Service email (@mod.uk) address and Service code on the link I provided earlier.

It will then take you to an order and payment page. Pay with your debt card and it will email your supplied Service address with a link to download from and your product key.

Forward the email to your civvy email address, click on link, download, install, input product key and away you go.

Easy.
    Where did you find out who ans where to obtain the service key
    • Fergie76
    • By Fergie76 14th Jun 11, 10:36 AM
    • 2,238 Posts
    • 2,294 Thanks
    Fergie76
    Where did you find out who ans where to obtain the service key
    Originally posted by mercman1969
    It's contained in RNTM 244/10.
  • kamal1080
    Service Programme code

A link to download Office 10/Mac 11 and your product key will be sent to that address, which you then need to forward to your home computer and download from there.
    Hi Fergie,
    Do you know where can we find the service programme code?
    • Fergie76
    • By Fergie76 3rd Sep 12, 8:26 PM
    • 2,238 Posts
    • 2,294 Thanks
    Fergie76
    I had to email someone at Fleet, can't remember who it was now, but RNTM 244/10 issued about it at the end of 2010 and had all the details on it.
    • Esoog
    • By Esoog 4th Sep 12, 2:11 AM
    • 1,446 Posts
    • 692 Thanks
    Esoog
    Hi Fergie,
    Do you know where can we find the service programme code?
    Originally posted by kamal1080
    If you go to the site there's a link for those who don't know the code
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,270Posts Today

8,940Users online

Martin's Twitter