Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kaz2904
    • By Kaz2904 22nd Mar 09, 7:48 PM
    • 5,791Posts
    • 37,638Thanks
    Kaz2904
    RAF Waddington?
    • 22nd Mar 09, 7:48 PM
    RAF Waddington? 22nd Mar 09 at 7:48 PM
    This is a really really long shot!
    I've been up to RAF Waddington for the weekend to see my sons Godfather. Unfortunately on Saturday my son left his scruffy looking yellow (grey) teddy bear in the park (The one nearest the front gate). When we realised it was there we went back but it had gone. I have been round and round the camp looking for Owen (The teddy) but couldn't find it. I think one of the children who were playing in the park may have taken it home and then it been slung in the bin.
    My son is devastated- he's not spent a night apart from this blasted teddy in 5.5 years. They aren't made any more so I can't replace it either. I've just put him to bed in tears again because he's lost his friend.

If anyone lives or works (or knows anyone who does) on camp please could you keep your eyes peeled. If you find him then please pm me or look in the spar shop for the notice which will give you our friends phone number.

Thanks to anyone who has taken the time to read this and if we manage to find Owen then I think I will love you forever!

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Laura; 31-03-2009 at 6:31 PM.
Page 3
  • Moleadot
    Great story and such a happy ending!

My son (4) has a lamb that is more grey than white now, with very chewed ears. He once left it at our friends house in France on the day we were flying home. We had gone through all the security checks and were waiting for our flight at the departure gate. Thankfully our friends brought it to the airport and French customs allowed it to come through and he was reunited with his beloved lamb just before we boarded!
    • kezzajane
    • By kezzajane 1st Apr 09, 8:07 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    kezzajane
    What a lovely heartwarming story, it shows what can be acheived when we pull together. I lost my 'Little Manda' panda bear in Ibiza about 30 odd years ago & when we went back there for the first time since, 3 years ago, there was still the child in me wondering if she'd be sat waiting somewhere for me!
    Bears are people too!!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 1st Apr 09, 8:30 PM
    • 68,431 Posts
    • 312,617 Thanks
    beanielou
    What a lovely story.
    Gave me a nice warm fuzzy feeling
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14. MFW. 14 months to mortgage freedom.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • curlywurlys
    How touched I was to hear your story, my heart was in my mouth when I was frantically reading the posts, to see if there was to be a happy ending!
    So pleased they are to be reunited.
    Please let us know when you receive him back so we are all put out of suspense. Its funny how a story like that can make you feel so involved (lol)
  • sandi7
    I fully understand this. My daughter had a "quilty" which started off as a pillow case that she took a liking to and when i changed her bed would not go to bed without it. So it had to go to bed every day with her and she was upset if i tried to wash it, when she was around 7 we went on holiday and took "quilty" with us but mistakenly left in folded in her bed and when the maids cleaned the room and chaged the sheets they took "quilty" with them!!! She was inconsolible. We managed to placate her with a napkin, material type, from the restaurant and havent looked back since. She is now 19 and still has her "quilty" i think she will be taking it down the aisle with her!!!
  • StephLaceDan
    YAY for happy endings... this was better than eastenders... can only imagine what my DD would be like if she lost her beloved Scruffy! (which's ALSO from Mothercare and they no longer make them!)
    • kdalwayskint
    • By kdalwayskint 1st Apr 09, 10:33 PM
    • 688 Posts
    • 1,873 Thanks
    kdalwayskint
    Aw lovely!

Warms the cockles of your heart!
    Saving for Christmas 2020 30/366
    Saving for Christmas 2019 ~ 365/365

Got married 24/05/19
    Car Fund 162/5000
    DFW Nerd #1155
    LBM 25/2/09 Debt at highest 8,037.35 now 0
  • kieron
    Hello all and what a touching tale.
    I am a 49 male , I have spent 25 years working on oil rigs all over the world, even to the extent as being a hostage replacement in places like nigeria. I am retired now but my teddy Boppy travelled with me everywhere and still does. i would be devastated if i lost him .
    I am really pleasedd that you teddy turned up safe and well.
    i hope none of the lads ever get to read this !!!!!!!
    They call me Mr Pig!
    • RFenton
    • By RFenton 2nd Apr 09, 10:28 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    RFenton
    Awww...so glad he's been found.

My littlest has 'piggy' who she drags around everywhere. He's been lost on more than one occasion and my heart has been in my mouth each time. He now has a school uniform type label with my mobile number stitched into he neck!!! I can't cope with the stress of losing him again!
    • bigzippy
    • By bigzippy 3rd Apr 09, 8:49 AM
    • 4,033 Posts
    • 15,643 Thanks
    bigzippy
    Very glad your DS got reunited with Owen! Just like some of the other posters, I remember losing Froggy on holidays and skriking til he was returned! I've still not quite forgiven my sister for pulling his leg off (even though mum repaired him, he still has a scar) or my mum for losing his eye in the wash! :rolleyes:

Hope Owen has now made it home to DS safe and sound.
    "I am indelibly stained by hope and longing" - Nuts in May
  • King_Pugwash
    Fantastic...with a world of not much good news, this looks to have given everyone a boost! Nice One
  • Stompydebs
    I started reading this thread from the link in Martins email,, the suspense almost made me faint lol! When i read that Owen is going home i must admit i had a few joyous tears...

Great news
  • digitalia
    Raf Waddington
    Ive been getting the MSE newsletters for a while now, but never thought of registering.

I clicked on the link to read this thread (which i normally do.) I was on the edge of my seat and couldn't stop reading until I found out the outcome. Therefore I had to register just to say:

Its nice to see one child and a teddybear can bring communities together in such a way. Lovely to see a happy ending.
    • boiler_man
    • By boiler_man 5th Apr 09, 7:13 PM
    • 374 Posts
    • 401 Thanks
    boiler_man
    You never know who reads the MSE forums...had the teddy been lost a few years ago I could have phoned my sister - whose garden at that time backed onto this very park.

Glad teddy found it's way home
    • Chef1980uk
    • By Chef1980uk 6th Apr 09, 10:03 PM
    • 218 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    Chef1980uk
    I've just typed RAF Waddington in to google (to find out what was flying around earlier today) and this thread is like 10th out of 39,000 lol Amazing, this site is taking over the net
    • Kaos
    • By Kaos 8th Apr 09, 12:25 PM
    • 519 Posts
    • 1,392 Thanks
    Kaos
    Awwww, I'm thrilled to bits that Owen was found! That is wonderful!
    I lost my "Ted The Red" (actually he resembled a dog) about 23 years ago at Braunton Burrows, Devon. I was about 8 and made myself really ill mourning for him (we had literally not been apart in 8 years!) My Mum was in floods of tears about it too, and both of us still get sad to this day thinking about him! I'll always hope that someone found him and recognised how old (much much older than me) and loved he was and gave him a good home (rather than the unthinkable alternative of thinking he was old, torn, dirty and fit only for the bin).
    It took me till I was 21 to let myself have another special teddy... I think I might take the advice of a previous poster and sew my mobile number onto him... even at my age I don't want to go through that trauma again!
    Never underestimate the love for a teddy
    • Moneybubbles
    • By Moneybubbles 16th Apr 09, 8:02 PM
    • 136 Posts
    • 230 Thanks
    Moneybubbles
    yeah! glad he got home safely
    it costs nothing to smile
    • TREVORCOLMAN
    • By TREVORCOLMAN 25th Apr 09, 10:56 AM
    • 985 Posts
    • 324 Thanks
    TREVORCOLMAN
    We are nice people at Waddo.

I am NOT a mortgage & insurance adviser - or anything to do with finance, that was put on by the new system I dont know why?!
  • sammiejo69
    What a Lovely Story, It gave me goose pimples lol

XX
  • dasy2k1
    We are nice people at Waddo.

Originally posted by TREVORCOLMAN
    Indeed,
    even if you do fly king airs over my head all day (or are they from cranwell?)
    Im fairly sure that our 2 abseil towers (with high ropes round them) are used as reference points all the time
    Nice to see the Lancaster go over on Sunday, with the spit and hurricane (I was at the top of the nothernmost tower at the time) Made all the kids look up!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

442Posts Today

5,596Users online

Martin's Twitter