Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Wendy
    • By Former MSE Wendy 4th Feb 09, 4:23 PM
    • 868Posts
    • 1,782Thanks
    Former MSE Wendy
    0 WOW
    Administration Help article discussion
    • 4th Feb 09, 4:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Administration Help article discussion 4th Feb 09 at 4:23 PM

This thread is for discussing the
    Company Administration Help guide.

To discuss/ask a question click post reply.
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 18-05-2011 at 4:10 PM.
Page 4
  • NervousDawn
    Dwell home furniture store
    Very nervous as I spent 600 on a wardrobe last week online from dwell home store, only to read a day later that Dwell was going into administration.

On Saturday I called the company for a refund, and was told it had 'gone through' and would take 3-5 days. Today is the 4th day, and rang to check on the status. I was told they had been emailed by HQ - 'It might take up to 10days' I begin to get very worried..... I then went onto dwell website tonight - it has closed down. I fear we will be reading Dwell has folded in the next couple of days.....

600 on a DEBIT card, and I have read on here that debit cards aren't covered when a company liquidates. Does anyone have any reassuring words for me? I'm heartbroken....
    • fermi
    • By fermi 20th Jun 13, 1:57 PM
    • 39,669 Posts
    • 47,650 Thanks
    fermi
    I then went onto dwell website tonight - it has closed down. I fear we will be reading Dwell has folded in the next couple of days.....
    Originally posted by NervousDawn
    Yep. ---> Furniture retailer Dwell ceases trading
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
    • Arthur Sleep
    • By Arthur Sleep 20th Jun 13, 2:47 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Arthur Sleep
    600 on a DEBIT card, and I have read on here that debit cards aren't covered when a company liquidates. Does anyone have any reassuring words for me?
    Originally posted by NervousDawn
    As a new user I'm not allowed to post links, but if you go to the MSE News page you'll find an article on dwell including the situation regarding outstanding orders.
    • fermi
    • By fermi 20th Jun 13, 3:35 PM
    • 39,669 Posts
    • 47,650 Thanks
    fermi
    As a new user I'm not allowed to post links, but if you go to the MSE News page you'll find an article on dwell including the situation regarding outstanding orders.
    Originally posted by Arthur Sleep
    Yes, the article went up shortly after I posted the BBC link.

Article is here --> Dwell ceases trading Q&A: your rights
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • sianies
    Baumatic Administration
    I bought a Baumatic oven from B&Q back in December last year, and it's recently developed a fault.
    Where do I stand now that Baumatic have gone into administration? I still have proof of purchase and paid by card. I just want it repaired!!
  • bigjoe123
    I have a question if anyone could help please. If I have a loan with a company that goes into administration, should my outstanding be just that or should I continue to pay interest. I'm in such a situation and was just curious whom is profiting from the interest in pay as the company itself has folded?
    Thanks in advance
  • KendraKuche
    Question about when a company goes into administration
    Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. I paid for an experience day for my dad for a Christmas present. I initially paid 100 deposit, and then later paid a further 550. Both paid by cheque unfortunately. The company apparently went into administration between my paying the deposit and the rest of the balance. I understand that I won't be able to see much of my 100 deposit back, but surely they should not have accepted/cashed my second cheque, and should have let me know they had gone into administration and could no longer provide the goods (the day).

thanks anyone for your help.
  • companyrescue
    Unfortunately unless you can prove that there was no way that they could have supplied the goods then there is not much you can do.
  • Shring
    3rd party
    Can anyone help with this insurance problem please.

In January 2015 I incurred a property loss caused by my housing association's sub-contractors.

The sub-contracting Ltd company accepted liability and directed me to their insurers.

I have been dealing with the loss adjusters acting for the insurance company since then and I accepted their offer of 700 as a settlement.

The loss adjuster informed me last week that the Ltd company is now in liquidation.

They also stated that as they have been unable to recover the insured's 500 policy excess, then my settlement would have to be reduced by this amount down to 200.

They also advised that I should contact the insolvency agent with a view to becoming an unsecured creditor to the Ltd company.

I replied that it is the insurance company who should be a creditor to the insolvent Ltd company and not me, so it is a matter for them to try and recover the missing 500 excess.

I also requested that they settle my claim in full.

I have not yet received a reply from the loss adjuster.

Can anyone advise please.

Thank you.

Shring.
    Last edited by Shring; 20-05-2015 at 8:11 PM.
  • cooper14
    pet-supermarket - have they gone into administration
    • dawn davies
    • By dawn davies 18th Nov 15, 6:42 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dawn davies
    Hi all
    MY son as put a down payment of 400 on a pram from kiddisave in Walsall, West midlands, and have recently found out that they have closed down. Not sure if they have gone into administration but people are saying they have shut shop and are not anwsering any phone calls. He paid the down payment by cash. What can he do or where should he go for help about trying to get his money back.

Thanks all
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,682Posts Today

7,316Users online

Martin's Twitter