No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries April 2019

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    kadison - it will be interesting to see how you get on with the Bobbi Brown stick foundation, they recommend it for wedding days but I found that it looked terrible when I first applied it then by the time I finished my makeup it look really lovely but after 4 hours or so it was going very patchy.

uu

Cutex Extra Strength Nail Polish Remover - I never got chance to try this out as I don't wear glitter polish often and DD used it all.

I bought two bottles of Cutex at the weekend on buy one get one half price in Superdrug, I think Cutex is the best of the ones we have tried.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,828 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    PP list for this month:-

Carried over:-

Nivea SPF for face cream
    Nivea Eye make up remover
    Elemis Sea Lavender and Samphire Shower milk
    Garner Ultimate Blends Argan shampoo
    Garnier Ultimate Blends Argan Conditioner
    OPI Original Nail Envy

Added:-
    ABC Tea Tree body lotion
    OPI Infinite Shine Gloss
    The Body Shop Chamomile Cleansing Butter
    Ted Baker mini body spray

UU today: Cremos shave cream. Was nice enough. Bought in the US because MrM forgot his. Have a tub of LUSH Dirty to open next.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    asajj wrote: »

My April UU/PP List

Benefit Dandelion Blush

I've placed an order with Bumble and Bumble for Invisible Oil Shampoo. I had a 10% code and this weekend they have a sample offer where you receive 5 samples with any purchase. I will take a bottle to the Zero Waste shop this week to get some shower gel.

I've listed couple of things on Ebay to sell as well. I'll try to use some eyeshadows this month but haven't decided which one yet. My eyes are very sensitive currently so struggling a bit with eyeshadows.

I've pulled that blush into rotation too this month. Not sure if it will show up on my skin especially as I'm hoping to get some colour next week when I am away.

Getting to the end of another Bumble & Bumble styling cream but much prefer Amika spray so will probably replace with this though I have a Living Proof mini spray to try before then.

I've decided not to sell the Laura Geller eyeshadow trio that came in the TILI box as I can't be mithered. Will find someone to give it to.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    dolly84 wrote: »
    First uu of the month

Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfoliater 50ml - this came as part of a set and I WNB on it's own, it's just OK.

I never liked the smell of this.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Forgot to mention Emma bought me three bath bombs/bubble bars from LUSH for Mother's day.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    IN:
    Barry M 3 in 1 basecoat, topcoat and nail hardener - didn't have any basecoats and I think they are really important, this is my HG product
    Superdrug Optimum PhytoFreeze Swiss Ice Wine Eye Cream - not sure what to make of this but it was half price and I wanted a vegan friendly eye cream after finally destashing that expensive and rubbish dermalogica one!

I need to make a concerted effort not to buy anything this month now.
    Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    One TA last night:

REN Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic 50ml sample WNB. I'm glad I received this as a sample as it sounded nice. But my skin didn't like it. It didn't break me out but it made my skin feel very itchy.
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    edited 2 April 2019 at 7:28PM
    I'm going to make my bed at the naughty step now, I was resisting an offer on a website where you get a £200 goody bag when you spend £150 as it was only on skincare and I specifically wanted body stuff and make-up.....unfortunately they changed it to apply when you spend £150 on anything.

I need to sell a few things on ebay or elsewhere from my unwanted stash to pay for this stuff....

Currently sat with body butter slathered on my arms plus four wraps of cling film and two wraps of bandages, I want to firm my arms for the wedding and it's more stretch marks and loose skin, something exercise alone won't sort.
    dolly84 wrote: »
    kadison - it will be interesting to see how you get on with the Bobbi Brown stick foundation, they recommend it for wedding days but I found that it looked terrible when I first applied it then by the time I finished my makeup it look really lovely but after 4 hours or so it was going very patchy.

I'm only using it on the patches where I need the full coverage (as recommended by the sales assistant) rather than all over my face, I'll probably use No7 Beautifully Matte as my main foundation as it gives the finish I want, I also tried Doublewear but it's far too heavy even when applied to make it look 'natural', it still feels like I'm wearing a mask!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • For various reasons (mostly life being busy and complicated), I haven’t been keeping track of my toiletries. So this evening, I have counted all of my toiletries and I need to start again! I have thrown a fair few things out.

1 UU from the other day:

Next Pour Femme Perfume - WBA, smelt really lovely but definitely an autumn/winter perfume.

Stash total is 33
    Less is the new more :D
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    One GA today:

Heliocare 360 Fluid Cream SPF50+ 50ml Gave to a friend for them to try. Hopefully they get on with it better than I did.

And I've been tidying my stash and I'm culling two products that break me out:

Paula’s Choice Pore Clarifying Charcoal Gel Mask 88ml WNBA. This broke me out after every time I used it. And it's been open for a year now.

SVR Sun Secure Fluid SPF50+ 50ml WDNBA. I love the texture of this but it has Dimethicone in it which causes me to break out a lot. Shame.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure