A whole new world, for now

Comments

• That is so bad that they never showed for your meeting!!!

I would be tempted to just drop it aswell, hate people that do things like that.

Dxxx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,812
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    That is just so unacceptable it is not true.
    I am so mad on your behalf.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Being self employed can really suck sometimes when customers let you down :(. Especially when you are a small business and not a large corporation. They don't seem to realise that time equals money to you :(. I hope they get their act together soon.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sorry you had the meeting no show, but at least you know what sort of people they are now.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Well, bin day is here and a total fail from me. OH is finally taking a day off now that he's on the mend. This was something I suggested on tues to avoid him struggling in. I sometimes wonder why I bother.

Today I have two, possibly three, urgent pieces to get underway. One has been me putting things off, the others are clients pressing panic buttons. I spoke to a former colleague last night who gave me knees that annoyed me. Why are people two faced?

Anyhow, yesterday I realised that my water intake was getting so low. I will work on that today. I also need to check bank stuff in case OH has forgotten to transfer and also, on the off chance that someone has paid me. All I really want to do however is stay under the covers.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 18,828
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I hope today improves for you.

That is so rude about the no-show, and I hate two faced people as well.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,812
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    I loathe two faced people.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • V annoying re the meeting. Hope you can take your business elsewhere.

Can I join your 'Scrub Club' please? This place is horrendous again and I am now not working every day so I have time to do something about it after months of over committing myself elsewhere.
  • in_need_of_direction
    in_need_of_direction Posts: 7,279
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 2 December 2017 at 10:10PM
    A scrub club is a great idea. It's so much better than the current grub club!

Yesterday my wee business account got its first ever four figure lodgement. I can now pay my sept, October and nov expenses. It was less than expected due to RoI tax arrangements but I can get the balance back in a month or two. Also, another client phoned and asked if I wanted a cheque posted or would I pick it up when I'm with them on Monday. It'll be in my bank account by next Thursday. Yay. I was seriously doubting that I could pay my credit card in full this month but that will allow me to start repaying the £2k loan I made to open my business account.
    On other news, yet another disturbed night thanks to the coughing and snuffling OH but, my couch to 5k graduation run is at half nine today and I'm determined. I will also be freezing but, thankfully, there's currently no rain so that's a bonus. Will report back with what could be a record breaking (the slowest completion ever) time.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • Good luck with the run INOD. Hope the arrival of your long awaited funds puts a spring in your step :)

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback