Avro Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• kibblerok
    kibblerok Posts: 100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I would steer clear of these. Trying to switch to them for gas and electric, only the electric made it through.

I had to do the chasing on this, after being told an email would arrive to confirm my gas switch - it didn't arrive, chased again and told it would be just under two weeks ago, still not switched.

On the original call I asked for the Direct Debit to be pushed back to fit in with my other bills - received an email to confirm my next payment would be on this date - original DD came out along with another on the new date a week after that.

They are woefully understaffed and getting through on the phone is impossible - additionally their phone lines close at 5.30pm!

I always look to get value from my utilities, but I like to keep things simple and hassle free... These guys are a nightmare, if you value your time - i'd avoid.
  • kibblerok
    kibblerok Posts: 100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 October 2018 at 7:23PM
    smipx013 wrote: »
    I wonder if it might be time for MSE cheap energy club to update their ratings on "Customer Satisfaction" for this supplier. Looking at teh last several pages on this forum there seems to be more negative comments coming through:

"In our May customer service poll, Avro performed strongly, with 66% rating it 'great' and only 7% scoring it as 'poor' (217 votes)."

Doesn't seem to ring true anymore and since they are pushing heavily a big switch I think its only fair that a more realistic score is presented for Avro.

I assume this is the forum where the scores are calculated as I have never been invited to offer an opinion in any survey from MSE.

They still take over 1 week to answer emails and the phone wait is a complete joke. They estimate bills all the time even though you give accurate readings and (according to other people) they are really poor at the termination of contract stage and ludicrous estimates and holding on to customers money for far too long. To get it back you have to email then 3-4 times or call them 3-4 times and eventually threaten them it seems. Given the ewait times for emails and phone calls this becomes a real headache.

Just reading back a few pages and wish I came here before switching. Comments of late look to have been deteriorating and the switching website makes no note of what the score is based on.
    MSE Customer Service Rating: 66% Great, 26% Okay, 7% Poor (217 votes)
    Company info: Avro Energy is a small independent supplier, based in Nuneaton, Warwickshire. The firm launched in December 2015, and now has around 500,000 customers.
    Further info: Avro Energy takes direct debits in advance, so your first payment will be taken 21 days after applying to switch.

There is no indication on the cheap energy club website when this was taken from... given that these are likely to fluctuate for smaller suppliers then its important they are accurate or at the very least noted with the date they are based on.

If the reviews on the cheap energy club aren't reflective of the current position, then its pretty poor form to keep showing them and not updating them.... only then to push a switching campaign for a supplier that looks to be on the decline directing people to outdated customer reviews.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 October 2018 at 7:37PM
    kibblerok wrote: »
    I would steer clear of these. Trying to switch to them for gas and electric, only the electric made it through.
    I had to do the chasing on this, after being told an email would arrive to confirm my gas switch - it didn't arrive, chased again and told it would be just under two weeks ago, still not switched.
    On the original call I asked for the Direct Debit to be pushed back to fit in with my other bills - received an email to confirm my next payment would be on this date - original DD came out along with another on the new date a week after that. . .
    I would ask my bank to recall the additional DD under the Direct Debit Guarantee.

Ofgem intends to introduce £30+ compensation to customers whose switch is delayed due to a supplier's failure to act promptly to resolve switching problems. Expected in January, if I recall correctly.

Edit
    You might find <Ofgem's Press Release> of some interest for future reference.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Consumerist
    kibblerok wrote: »
    . . . There is no indication on the cheap energy club website when this was taken from... given that these are likely to fluctuate for smaller suppliers then its important they are accurate or at the very least noted with the date they are based on.
    If the reviews on the cheap energy club aren't reflective of the current position, then its pretty poor form to keep showing them and not updating them.... only then to push a switching campaign for a supplier that looks to be on the decline directing people to outdated customer reviews.
    It might help if these matters are reported to CEC by the affected customers.
  • kibblerok wrote: »

That's odd! Never heard of that happening before

How did you know they'd only switched the electric?
  • Leear
    Leear Posts: 59 Forumite
    I was just reading the Pure Planet forum and they have an official verified account from Pure Planet to reply to the questions and issues, which seems excellent :)

Is this practice normal or exceptional?
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Leear wrote: »
    I was just reading the Pure Planet forum and they have an official verified account from Pure Planet to reply to the questions and issues, which seems excellent :)

Is this practice normal or exceptional?
    Yes, quite common
    Here is the link to all the companies https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=781221&_ga=2.64139631.1319477097.1536692962-1295540533.1519380617

I can see Pure Planet is on the list and a frequent visitor to this board are EON's Malc & Helena.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Leear
    Leear Posts: 59 Forumite
    Dobbibill wrote: »
    Yes, quite common
    Here is the link to all the companies https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=781221&_ga=2.64139631.1319477097.1536692962-1295540533.1519380617

I can see Pure Planet is on the list and a frequent visitor to this board are EON's Malc & Helena.

I ask the question as I see Avro Energy is not listed. I presume Avro Energy are welcome to join in the discussion?
  • Consumerist
    Leear wrote: »
    I ask the question as I see Avro Energy is not listed. I presume Avro Energy are welcome to join in the discussion?
    I can't see any reason why Avro wouldn't be welcome to join the forum discussions. It seems likely they are just not interested or under-resourced for it.

This forum is, I think, only monitored by the energy suppliers during quiet times for CS staff who would otherwise be twiddling their thumbs.

EDF Energy is currently dealing with a 6-8 week backlog of queries/complaints and has been absent from their feedback thread for some time. So it would seem that these "big switches" have not affected Avro alone.

I think MSE might need to consider whether these deals they negotiate are worth the trouble they seem to be causing for new and existing customers alike.
  • I have now been with Avro for over 6 months. No bill supplied, 3 meter readings since starting and still shows estimate.
    Scottish Power may have been more but their information was instant.
    Seriously, how difficult is it to set up an online billing facility? Left work early today and tried to call them, the phone lines closed at 12:30 for planned maintenance. REALLY??????? :eek:
    One more week before I kick them into touch.

:mad::mad:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure