Why Walk When You Can Fly

Comments

• Well I guess that is what emergency funds are for :(. Hopefully the new part will fix the boiler anyway :).

It's good if DH has finally realised why you need pots for emergencies etc though :).

I hope your employer offer you a permanent job :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Fingers crossed the boiler can be fixed and I hope your chat goes well today.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • Morning,

BG man changed the part and the boiler roared in to life :j BG man coming back today to change the pump as it is leaking water and that should help things even more. He said that the independent one we saw on Sunday, was doing the whole "you need a new boiler" scam to make money, when in fact it was just two parts that needed changing.

It has therefore saved us money, a new boiler was in the region of £2500 but we will have only spent £120 on the excesses for the parts to be changed...ok not great BUT it's better than forking out for a new boiler.

Plus we had hot water and heating last night :D:D

This has spurred me on to build up the EF side of the pots even more.
  • Ooh hoping the BG man can repair the boiler and you don't need to get a new one yet!

Fingers crossed for the chat at work tomorrow.

H x

Thank you x
    Well I guess that is what emergency funds are for :(. Hopefully the new part will fix the boiler anyway :).

It's good if DH has finally realised why you need pots for emergencies etc though :).

I hope your employer offer you a permanent job :).

I think DH had wife filter on when I tried to tell him the first time around :rotfl:
    Fingers crossed the boiler can be fixed and I hope your chat goes well today.

Thank you x
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Great news about the boiler repair :T

Hope you get some good news today.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Great news about the boiler repair :).
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • Hi,

Hope that everyone had a great Easter and if you don't celebrate it, I hope that you enjoyed the long weekend.

So last post, I mentioned about the pump being changed...well, this didn't quite go to plan. The BG man split the hot water cylinder when he changed it, so we had heating but no hot water, then to cap it all....the plug in family bathroom stuck and when DH went to fix it, the basin ended up coming away from the wall slightly.

We now have hot water though as the BG man came out on Thursday to fit a new cylinder in. The sink still remains the same...for the time being.

April has not been our month, just hope that May is kinder.
  • Oh dear, sorry about your plumbing problems. It's horrible having no hot water :(.

Hopefully tbings wil go better for you in May. We have another bank holiday in two weeks :).
  • After a little prod by my agency bloke last week, hinting to the company that he 'believes' that I am looking elsewhere. The Contracts Manager here wants to have a private chat tomorrow when he is on site....told my agency bloke that I would let him know what happens, after much toing and froing via email, they have no plans to sack me, so I'm hoping it is good news :)

Almost forgot about this update.

The private chat, didn't go as expected. They basically paid me for the week I was holiday and that was it.

So I still no where near to a permanent job than I was before :mad::mad:
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    HairyHandofDartmoor Posts: 13,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 April 2019 at 3:43PM
    That's disappointing about the private chat :(. You obviously need to keep looking elsewhere for a better job. Their loss!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport