IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPCM PCN "Outside of Marked Bay"

Comments

• rachity
    rachity Posts: 103
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    3.10 A legal representative who signs a statement of truth must sign in his own name and not that of his firm or employer.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part22/pd_part22
    CAVEAT LECTOR
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 5,979
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    rachity wrote: »
    3.10 A legal representative who signs a statement of truth must sign in his own name and not that of his firm or employer.

I didn't see where the OP said they had received "a statement of truth"!
  • rachity
    Forumite
    fisherjim wrote: »
    I didn't see where the OP said they had received "a statement of truth"!

I'm not sure what you mean by this, fisherjim.
    CAVEAT LECTOR
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 5,979
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I'm not sure what you mean by this, fisherjim.

Well CM said they don't need a solicitor to sign their name on the document received:
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Normal for solicitor firms not to sign in person. Why do so many people not know this?

You intimated that wasn't correct and gave a link to something that wasn't in my view relevant.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,612
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    We know that. I quoted it only yesterday in a case about a claim form.

This poster on the other hand, was talking about an ordinary letter.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • rachity
    Forumite
    louiemiro wrote: »
    Have submitted defence, and had it acknowledged by Court.

UKCPM have now (via Gladstones) sent me their next letter telling me they intend to proceed with the claim, and enclosed a copy of their Directions Questionnaire "which will be filed with the court iopon their request"
    As predicted... they're saying they're requesting a non oral hearing, that they're not willing to go to mediation and offering me a chance to make any "genuine payment proposals"!!

Its been signed GS! (who is this person!!!??)

I have filed it and await the court's copy etc.

Anything I should be thinking about?

Many thanks all.
    We know that. I quoted it only yesterday in a case about a claim form.

This poster on the other hand, was talking about an ordinary letter.

A bit ambiguous?
    CAVEAT LECTOR
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    A bit ambiguous?

Mmmm

All a bit worrying!!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,612
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Yes indeed.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • louiemiro
    louiemiro Posts: 48 Forumite
    Yes indeed.

Hi folks. I knew it was Gladstones. "Who is this person!?" was a joke, and as it was a letter just informing me of a procedural point, I didn't see it as important, and still don't, unless someone thinks it is.

Otherwise.-.. have recieved my court hearing date (mid Oct 19) at local court and expect to keep on to the next step.

Namely.... (as per Newbies sticky)

Once allocated to your local court, PLEASE DO NOT NOTE THE HEARING DATE AND FAIL TO ACTUALLY READ THE LETTER!

You WILL be given a clear date by which YOU MUST file the evidence ('exhibits') and any Witness Statement (i.e. yours, as bargepole says in the above link!). At witness statement stage (usually NOT LATER THAN 14 DAYS BEFORE YOUR HEARING!) don't forget to file the evidence you will rely upon, which should at least include: etc la la la.

I will gather the evidence and witness statement and get on with it, unless any of you lovely and helpful souls have any other tips or pointers?

Many thanks again all for bringing me this far!
    (slightly manic American accent (think George in Seinfeld): "I hope I'm doing the right thing here!!")
  • Hello folks. I have a court hearing date on mid oct. I have just under 2 weeks b4 I need to share evidence etc.
    Please can you tell me....
    Is there any way to know whether UKCPM have bothered to pay the court fee (was due on 18th Sept) andare going ahead with the hearing other than waiting for a letter to tell me they haven't and that the claim is struck out (which I obvs haven't had yet or I wouldn't be asking).

I mean if I ring up will they tell me? (if I can find a number?).

Apart from prepping evidence and sharing with other party and court, can you please give me further guidance and help as to how to conduct self at court?

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport