PPI help please

Hi All,
Would anybody be able to help me find the best address to contact a company called "Essential Mortgage" please? in 2003 they sold me PPI through a company called D & D Homecare Ltd. I've looked online but with no luck. I believe they stopped trading.

Any help on this would be great.

thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    It was pre regulation, so I would save yourself the effort, as they can just refuse to look at your complaint
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    ...Would anybody be able to help me find the best address to contact a company called ASSURANT INTERMEDIARY LIMITED please? in 2003 they sold me PPI through a company called D & D Homecare Ltd. I've looked online but with no luck. I believe they stopped trading....

No, D & D Homecare Ltd simply changed their name to ASSURANT INTERMEDIARY LIMITED. Still going.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04019801

ESSENTIAL MORTGAGES LIMITED co no 03711560 died some years ago
    https://companycheck.co.uk/company/03711560/ESSENTIAL-MORTGAGES-LIMITED/companies-house-data
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    D&D Homecare have no liability for the sales made by third parties. So, you cant complain to them

Essential Mortgages Limited no longer exist. So you cant complain to them.

You bought in 2003, so you have no access to the Financial Ombudsman Service. So, you cannot complain to them.

You bought in 2003, which is 2 years before regulation. This means you cannot complain to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
    Any help on this would be great.

Its over for you.

On the plus side, most MPPI complaints fail and the uphold rate on mortgage brokers is tiny. So, even if you could complain to someone, the overwhelming odds are it would have been rejected. So, its not as if you are missing out.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Ok, not to be then. Thanks all for your help, much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure