When MSErs get married ...

Comments

• Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Budget blown slightly - I'm keeping both dresses :) One is a size smaller than the other, but a nicer colour, so ideally I want to diet/slim into that one; the second in the larger size will be kept in reserve.

Total spend so far: £114.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,992 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 21 January 2018 at 8:03PM
    Have you considered what music you might like to have played? They asked for 3 or 4 songs .. one for entering, one for exiting and potentially 2 for register signing. .. it depends on which service you have, they offer three here. Here they have an archaic sound system so it has to be on proper CD's rather than MP3 on your ipod... best to check before hand... though I'm sure it will be more modern there.

Tesco clubcard points can be exchange for goldsmiths vouchers (if you have a shop closeby).. £5 in vouchers gets you a £15 goldsmith voucher you can't use the vouchers online but if you just wanted a really cheap wedding ring this might be a good deal.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Tigsteroonie
    Operation "slim to fit the nicer dress" is underway ... not helped by Marley making a huge dish of rice pudding :D

I have very few Tesco points to exchange these days but I will check Goldsmiths to see whether they have anything suitable (aka suitably priced), thanks.

Budget is going to have to increase slightly as Marley does not fit either part of his existing suit, so it's time to go shopping.

Have booked the "licence" part of the Register Office visits for a couple of weeks' time. Haven't thought at all about music, that's something we are likely to decide in the last couple of weeks.

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

• pigpen
    I have very few Tesco points to exchange these days but I will check Goldsmiths to see whether they have anything suitable (aka suitably priced), thanks.

code 'EXTRA10' on sale stuff gets 10% off and there is 10% cashback through quidco too... but you cant use clubcard vouchers online. I'm such a sorry state I do like to check the pretties ;)
  • freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I have nothing to add but my congratulations! :D
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I’m a bit jealous. Your budget is going to be way smaller then mine.

My partner will not let me get married with just two witnesses. He may allow it to be just a few at the register office and then a big party though. I’m a bit hopeful.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • Tigsteroonie
    nimbo wrote: »
    My partner will not let me get married with just two witnesses. He may allow it to be just a few at the register office and then a big party though. I’m a bit hopeful.
    Ah, you need to convince him out of the big party ;) I guess it depends how big, and how close, a family you have. In our case we only have small numbers of close family; and our friends will be attending stag/hen do's (at their own expense) so there's no need for a second party.

• Tigsteroonie
    Paperwork side of it done! That was an expensive half hour :D

Total spend so far: £184.

• Tigsteroonie
    No update as have been poorly. On the bright side, I've spent no wedding money either :D

• pigpen
    How is 'Operation Slinky' going?

Hope you are better soon, there are so many icky germs lurking about at the moment :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts