misstara's debt diary 2014

Comments

• misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,877 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    A bit of a spendy day so far - spent the £30 that I'd put away for clothes on a new pair of trainers and some socks. I was planning to save a bit more before buying but discovered my old pair had a hole in the sole. I also spent £8.90 on a wee present to take home for my parents and £3.98 on vitamins.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10542.72/£15000 (70.3% saved). Emergency fund - £1402.24/£1500 (93.5% saved).
  • ani*fan
    ani*fan Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Wow...I turn my back for 10 minutes and you pay off HALF YOUR DEBT!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You are now officially my inspiration. :D Well done.
    If you know you have enough, you're rich. ;)
  • misstara
    ani*fan wrote: »
    Wow...I turn my back for 10 minutes and you pay off HALF YOUR DEBT!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You are now officially my inspiration. :D Well done.

Haha thanks ani :D

On my way home from my wee holiday away, I had a lovely time catching up with family and friends. I spent less than £30 while I was away :) so a very cheap holiday :T I've made a £6.23 payment to cc2, looking forward to updating my signature tomorrow when the loan payment goes out.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10542.72/£15000 (70.3% saved). Emergency fund - £1402.24/£1500 (93.5% saved).
  • misstara
    The loan payment went out today which takes me to under 5k :j:j looking forward to getting cc2 paid off so I can start making overpayments to the loan again.

Yesterday I spent £24.66 on food, £8.09 on toiletries and £4 on an air freshener refill. Today has been a NSD. I went to the gym today and yesterday.

OH borrowed a carpet washer from a friend so we've been moving furniture and cleaning for a big part of the day. We then went out for a walk and to the library.

I got my payslip today so will get £22.17 on Friday so will pay the £2.17 to cc2 and the £20 I'll use for food.
  • misstara
    Yesterday was a NSD and I went to the gym. Today should be a NSD but no gym as I'm working all day. Working again all day tomorrow so hopefully another NSD there. Need to get in as many as I can this week as other than going out on Sunday night which I already have money put by for, I want to try and stick to the £20 I got paid today.

I've made my wee £2.17 payment to cc2. I don't think I'm going to manage to pay off cc2 by the end of August as its the middle of the month and I've only reduced it by around £25 so far. However, I'll do my best and hopefully will manage to pick up some more shifts with 2nd job. I'm doing quite a bit of overtime with my job this month but I won't get paid for it until the end of September.

In other news, our landlady is putting up our rent by £25 a month. Not much but still annoying. I hate how expensive private rent is.
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Aw that sucks about Private Let! I cannot wait until next year to start mortgage fund once debt free :) xx

You are doing great though
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • ani*fan
    ani*fan Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    misstara wrote: »

In other news, our landlady is putting up our rent by £25 a month. Not much but still annoying. I hate how expensive private rent is.

That is annoying Misstara. My landlord put my rent up by £50 last year. I managed to delay the process by asking for new carpets in the bedroom and living room (that was a 'no') and then new lino in the bathroom and kitchen (also a 'no'). So I'm paying that extra £50 every month when the flat is still in serious need of some tlc.

At least that'll be it for a wee while.
    If you know you have enough, you're rich. ;)
  • misstara
    monz wrote: »
    Aw that sucks about Private Let! I cannot wait until next year to start mortgage fund once debt free :) xx

You are doing great though

Yeah that's my plan as well once the debt is gone. So expensive to buy up here though.
    ani*fan wrote: »
    That is annoying Misstara. My landlord put my rent up by £50 last year. I managed to delay the process by asking for new carpets in the bedroom and living room (that was a 'no') and then new lino in the bathroom and kitchen (also a 'no'). So I'm paying that extra £50 every month when the flat is still in serious need of some tlc.

At least that'll be it for a wee while.

Aw ani that's rubbish - at least you'll soon be out of there. The rent went up by £50 last year as well :( but we can't really afford to move anywhere else.

Not much to report over the last few days, the last 2 days have been NSDs as I've just been at work. I'm on my way to work at the moment and then out tonight. A friend who now lives in Australia is back over visiting so we are going out for dinner and cocktails. I have budgeted £50 for this but will hopefully spend less.
  • misstara
    I had a fab time out with friends on Sunday night and came home with a few pounds left over from the budget which is great. However me and OH went to A*di yesterday and I spent just over £40 which is double what I'd budgeted for food this week :( can only blame it on being hungover and not sticking to the list. The fridge, freezer and cupboards are now totally full so it should keep us going for a while.

I've taken the money out of the direct debits account to cover my overspend and will replace it on Friday. Think the majority of Friday's wage will need to go towards direct debits as I've obviously made a miscalculation somewhere and left myself short.

OH has just got a message from his work saying that the two weeks full time hours that he was booked in for has been cancelled :mad: He is really !!!!!! off, me too as he had said that he would give me a fair bit of money to make up for not contributing anything to household bills for the last wee while. The downside of agency work I suppose :(

Sorry this has not been a particularly happy post so better finish on some positives - I have a day off work today, I am planning to see my friend and her wee girl and OH is making tea tonight :)
  • misstara
    Only spend for yesterday was £8 on return train tickets to see my friend. Well worth it as I had a lovely relaxing day with her and her wee girl. I spent most of the day with them and then went straight to the kettlebells class when I came back.

OH made a lovely beef stew last night for tea, plenty of leftovers so I'll take some to my work for tea tonight. I'm just away to make some pancakes with strawberries and raspberries for breakfast - yummy :D

I feel like I'm coming down with the lurgy, the past two nights I've fallen asleep on the sofa at 9pm and then woken up with a really sore throat the next morning. Hopefully not as I've got a busy week ahead at work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure