HolidaySafe Travel Insurance - Your Feedback

Comments

• Holidaysafe_Representative
    Holidaysafe_Representative Posts: 108 Organisation Representative
    Dear mummyoracle,

Thank you for your post, my name is Amber Howard and I am the Brand Manager for Holidaysafe. Firstly I would like to sincerely apologise that you were dissatisfied by the outcome of your claim.

Following your comments, I would like to investigate the assessor's decision in your case, however to allow me to do this I would need more information from you.

Would you be able to send me your policy and claim number to Holidaysafe@infinityinsurance.co.uk, along with any additional information you may have? I can then speak to our Claims company and reply back to you as soon as possible.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Amber.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Holidaysafe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • rudekid48
    rudekid48 Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I think this is relevant bit from the policy wording..

up to £500 for alternative transport to get you to your trip destination.
    [FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow]If you are unable to reach your international departure point and check – in on time for your outbound departure either because your public transport is delayed, or the vehicle in which you are travelling becomes undriveable due to mechanical failure or being involved in an accident, causing you to miss your outbound departure. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow] [/FONT][/FONT]  
    [FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow]you have allowed sufficient time to check-in as shown on your itinerary. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow]the claim is not due to the failure of public transport services that is due to a strike or industrial action that started or that had been announced before the date of your departure from home. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow]You are not claiming for your missed return journey back to the United Kingdom. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow] [/FONT][/FONT]
    All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
  • vtailor
    vtailor Posts: 67 Forumite
    I was looking for backpacker/longstay cover for a trip around S.East Asia. I looked at HS after the recommendation by MSE.

I was initially pleased with the quote from HS, but after digging a little deeper and speaking to them on the phone I discovered that flights back to the UK would not be covered. This was surprising especially because AA, STA, GoWalkabout, and many others cover both legs of the RETURN flight.

Although HS beat competitor quotes by sometimes £20 I felt it was a false economy to get insurance that only covered the outbound flight. I hope HS make this clearer for potential customers so they can make a fair comparison.
    Hi vtailor,

My name is Amber Howard and I am the Brand Manager for Holidaysafe.

I'm not sure I understand your query regarding return flights to the UK being covered? There are certain circumstances in which we would consider covering return flights, for example in the event that you need to be repatriated back to the UK.

Would you be able to send me your specific query to Holidaysafe@infinityinsurance.co.uk and I can then reply to you directly.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Amber.
    I am the official company representative of Holidaysafe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 29 December 2014 at 6:02PM
    Hi vtailor,

My name is Amber Howard and I am the Brand Manager for Holidaysafe.

I'm not sure I understand your query regarding return flights to the UK being covered?.....
    The clues are in the post from vtailor. (Which doesn't look like a "query" at all - but a contribution of more feedback for the rest of us of another reason to beware your travel insurance)

Your backpacker policy does not cover you for missed departure on return flights.

See page 6 of the 25 of small print you need to read through:

Cover (for missed departure) is only provided if:

You are not claiming for your missed return journey back to the United

(The same exclusion appears in your other policies, buried deep - eg page 6 of 31 pages in your standard travel policy)
  • For the threads benefit I thought it would be useful to give an update. Our friends who admittedly submitted their claim a few weeks before us did not appear to have any issues in getting their full claim (positive!). We however have been waiting nervously since sending out our documents on 14/08/14 (1month+ now).

I have been in touch with Amber who got straight back to me & suggested that they have an unusually high number of claims to deal with, so hopefully there will be money left to support my claim..

.. To be continued!

Thank you to HolidaySafe & Amber, paid out in line with policy (didnt know about the devaluation of tech bits, but this seems the norm now I look into it for my next holiday - will use them again).
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thank you to HolidaySafe & Amber, paid out in line with policy (didnt know about the devaluation of tech bits, but this seems the norm now I look into it for my next holiday - will use them again).

Great news.

Holidaysafe only took 4+ months to pay your claim.

Did they give you any compensation for taking so long?

I'm surprised you would go with Holidaysafe again rather than use your friend's (Who were on the same holiday & also broken into) insurers who paid their claim out back in September
  • dacouch wrote: »
    Great news.

Holidaysafe only took 4+ months to pay your claim.

Did they give you any compensation for taking so long?

I'm surprised you would go with Holidaysafe again rather than use your friend's (Who were on the same holiday & also broken into) insurers who paid their claim out back in September

They actually paid out mid Sept. Which was a delay but they had to deal with a disproportionally high amount of claims. Think some significant event was in the news about that time.Our friends used the same company, only they sorted their claim out when they got back & we did ours a week later during the significant event. Had I been tight on money it would have been a worry but as such I keep an 'emergency fund'. So no need to pursue.

Given the relativley low insurance cost to payment ratio, eventual customer service, security in a known service, I would use again. MSE holds a relativley strong check against them since its their suggested insurer on a budget.
  • Have had a Premier annual policy with HolidaySafe for a couple of years and never claimed on it.

Just renewed my policy only to discover that this year there are extra optional 'extension' charges. If you want cover for cruises, that's an extra £40 or so, and cover for phones is £50 or so extra.

No longer such good value so I will be shopping around in future.
    Dear Victor_Delta,

Thank you for your post, my name is Amber Howard and I am the Brand Manager for Holidaysafe.

Firstly I would just like to apologise that you were dissatisfied by your renewal quotation. Returning customers such as yourself are extremely important to us, and I am genuinely sorry that we may have lost your custom.

However, I just wanted to address some of your concerns.

To ensure our policies meet the needs of our customers, we have added several extensions in the last couple of years, including Gadget and Cruise. These things were not previously covered at all, so we wanted to give our customers the option to add these extras if needed.

I just wanted to reassure you that we haven't removed items of cover and converted them into extensions, these are things which have been added following feedback from our customers.

I hope you might consider Holidaysafe to insure your travels in the future, and thank you for your custom over the last few years.

Kind regards,

Amber.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure